Compression difference

Definetly not just going to throw money at it. I torqued the flywheel not per manual. I am capable of mesuring the cases and will do so soon, crank sits in fine and all the bearings are tight and look good, all the bearings on the crank do not spin when the crank is set in the cases. Not sure if i blew the seal out when i was doing the leakdown test, (had a faulty gauge) or if it was blown before. No signs of leaking on that side, i actually tore it down because the right side was leaking. The oring on the outboard bearing was toast on the stator side though. Ill let ya know what i find and thanks for all the help.

Im really considering just boxing all this shit up and sending it to someone for troubleshooting, anytime in your busy schedule brandon?

Cody

Edited by papa_smurf49319

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definetly not just going to throw money at it. I torqued the flywheel not per manual. I am capable of mesuring the cases and will do so soon, crank sits in fine and all the bearings are tight and look good, all the bearings on the crank do not spin when the crank is set in the cases. Not sure if i blew the seal out when i was doing the leakdown test, (had a faulty gauge) or if it was blown before. No signs of leaking on that side, i actually tore it down because the right side was leaking. The oring on the outboard bearing was toast on the stator side though. Ill let ya know what i find and thanks for all the help.

Im really considering just boxing all this shit up and sending it to someone for troubleshooting, anytime in your busy schedule brandon?

Cody

We are certainly swamped at the moment so it would be a few weeks before we could go over it. You sound competent enough to go over most of it. check runout on EVERYTHING. Also a good idea to "blue" up the crank and flywheel with "prussian blue" and make sure the contact is good. The damage looks something like VERY bad "fretting" and is typically caused when a taper does not seat correctly or with enough pressure and the parts wiggle around under pressure and transfer metal back an forth. I would certainly go with an impact on that flywheel next round.

B

i know its hard to tell by the picture, but would you think that this crank is complete junk? It would be cool if you couldnt get to it for a couple weeks, is there a good time to call you?

Cody

I have no idea on the crank unless I inspect it. Feel free to call yet this morning if you like.