No Spark, CDI?

The other day I was out for a ride. I had stopped at the top of a dune to relax for a minute and when I went to fire it back up, nothing!! No spark. You guys think it could most likely be the CDI? The CDI is the only thing I had not changed out last year. I have new coil, new stator and flywheel, and new wire harness. Please help me out. Thanks, Matt

The other day I was out for a ride. I had stopped at the top of a dune to relax for a minute and when I went to fire it back up, nothing!! No spark. You guys think it could most likely be the CDI? The CDI is the only thing I had not changed out last year. I have new coil, new stator and flywheel, and new wire harness. Please help me out. Thanks, Matt

Matt, at first check the stator resistance

Stator resistance:

Ignition coil should be 13.7-20.5 Ohms (red to green wire)

Pickup coil should be 94-140 Ohms (white/red to white/green wire)

Then, check if it comes 12V AC from the stator measuring it between red and green wires when you kick the starter. Then between orange and black wire verify if comes 12V. If yes and there is no spark, check the cap and you could try another ignition coil ou try to measure it. On the primary coil you should get 0.28-0.38 Ohms. I have a Dynatek ignition coil and it measured 0.6 Ohms. If not you need to replace it.

In case of you didn't get 12V between orange and black wire when kicking, try to check the pick up coil, if you receive a signal when you kick. If his Ohmic value goes down, it is because it recognized the point of the rotor. If the signal is ok, maybe your CDI is dead. If not, try to ajust the distance between pick up and the tab on the top of the rotor or flying wheel.

When you replaced the stator, did you use a Yamaha part or was it a Made in China knockoff? My wife's bike did this, we went for a night ride,came back to camp and shut the bike off with the handlebar switch. The next day it would not start to put it on the trailer, checked everything when we got home and the stator was bad.

ive had the same prob, but was CDI, which then fryed my stator at the same time! then it happened again, and i went ape! turned out a soldered wire on my new ricky stator had bust off, cutting the spark, so check first!