DMC 916's airbox question

I am installing DMC 916's and there is a template for for cutting the aribox. I took off the snorkel and plan on cutting the hole in the lid but I removed the snorkel. Will this affect the recommended jetting from DMC? I belive a #30? It says that if you remove the lid to go to a 320 pilot jet, but I don't know if removing the snorkel will make that much difference or not.

If you just cut a whole in it no but if you take it off it will effect jetting acording to dmc. I dont think it will make much of a difference but i just kept my lid on.

No I am not taking the lid off, I just removed the snorkel. I am cutting a hole in the lid, but I am wondering if the removing the snorkel will affect jetting along with cutting the hole in the airbox. Removing the snorkel made a bigger air intake, I don't know if I need to adjust for this or just put the snorkel back on. I always take the snorkels off on my 4 strokes, first mod I do!!

Take the whole lid right off your wasting you time hacking the lid. whats your elevation, 320 main for just pipes is way too big unless your ported. Oh and before you write about how you use it for trails and go through water a lot and you dont want to get water in the airbox, i have mine off and go mudding with it all the time. Hardly ever get anything in my airbox. I run a k&n with no outerwear.

Take the whole lid right off your wasting you time hacking the lid. whats your elevation, 320 main for just pipes is way too big unless your ported. Oh and before you write about how you use it for trails and go through water a lot and you dont want to get water in the airbox, i have mine off and go mudding with it all the time. Hardly ever get anything in my airbox. I run a k&n with no outerwear.

same here no lid no outerwear no prob

Just take it off huh? I have a K&N too, It says pro flow on the intake? I bought it used so I am not sure what was fully done to it yet. I was told to just take it off by my local Yammy dealer. I am not worried about mud and water, I am more or less worried about the dust in the summer. I actually have the lid off now and I had it over the wheels with mud and water on Monday and nothing got in the box.

the lid aint gonna do ne thing for dust. If you keep your filter oiled properly it will catch the dust lid on or off. But i have heard that a foam filter is best for this. I run a kand n and dont haver any trouble . I just tore my hole motor apart and it is clean and cyl have no scuffs so.....