Shift Star mods

muggzy

Anyone have a sketch to mod the shift star? When it's running, my banshee is nearly impossible to get into neutral. Everything else is fine, shifts easily into other gears up/down no problems just nearly impossible to hit that neutral notch on the shift star. If anyone has had success with a purchased mod, I'd be happy to hear about it.

LOL!! I installed mine, and fought with it for an hour and yanked it all back apart and stuck the stocker back in it. U'll never find nuetral if u dont notch out the nuetral grove, but I wouldnt do it myself. I would have a machine shop do it. As for how much to take off of it, who knows. I replaced my entire shift assembly and have never had a problem with shifting ever since. I think the total price of all the parts to replace all the springs, shift shaft and everything was $50. I like brandon over at Mull engineering, but their shift stars need a lil revamping. He stands by his product and offered to notch it out more, but by that time I had already replaced everything with new sttuff.

Im telling ya fellas it pissed me off that I didnt have neutral. I replaced the shift shaft, springs and everything in the shifting assembly. Even if your stuff in your current shifting assembly looks fine, REPLACE IT!! This is a high wear part and the tensioner springs wear and just get sloppy. Dont sluff on buying lil stupid washers and lock washers either. buy it all and spend the $50-$60 and do it right the first time.

Im telling ya fellas it pissed me off that I didnt have neutral. I replaced the shift shaft, springs and everything in the shifting assembly. Even if your stuff in your current shifting assembly looks fine, REPLACE IT!! This is a high wear part and the tensioner springs wear and just get sloppy. Dont sluff on buying lil stupid washers and lock washers either. buy it all and spend the $50-$60 and do it right the first time.

Where can I get everything I need and can you tell me what's all involved? I'd like to do mine.

Where can I get everything I need and can you tell me what's all involved? I'd like to do mine.

Call Jeff at FAST. He will hook you up with what you need. I did a shift star, sift shaft mod, and ez spring and shifts like a dream. Neutral is still a little tricky to find sometimes if the idle is set too high. Try lowering your idle first and see if it makes a difference.

Please read all the posts in these. All you need to know. I posted pics also.

If my pics are gone let me know.

http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=121574&view=&hl

http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=120410&view=&hl

http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=126900&hl