1999 top end rebuild

ok guys new to the site and i like it! anyway i am doing a rebuild on my 99 banshee top end. rebuilt carbs new boyesen reeds and wsm pistons 64.50 and gaskets. just wondering if anyone has any useful tips or things i should do to help on the rebuild. this is my first rebuild and so far its going good.

ok guys new to the site and i like it! anyway i am doing a rebuild on my 99 banshee top end. rebuilt carbs new boyesen reeds and wsm pistons 64.50 and gaskets. just wondering if anyone has any useful tips or things i should do to help on the rebuild. this is my first rebuild and so far its going good.

Hey! im doing the exact build!just got my heads back and i was wondering should i use loctite red on the head studs? and what is the ring gap on 64.5?

Do you have a Clymers? If not, get one and follow it step by step. You won't go wrong.

Hey! im doing the exact build!just got my heads back and i was wondering should i use loctite red on the head studs? and what is the ring gap on 64.5?

I've never used loctite on the head studs. Just make sure you re-torque during your break-in.

Are you talking about the stud into the cylinders or the nuts to the studs to hold the head on? If you are talking about the studs into the cylinder, then yes use some LOctite. If you are talking about the nuts to hold the head on, then no, do not use threadlocker. But you should go back and retorque your head when it is hot a couple of times till the nuts don't move when you torque them.

yea i have the clymers book. that book is friggin awesome. im just waiting on my pistons and gasket kit now and i cant wait. does the shop need the rings to bore the cylinders or can i drop them off now and tell them the specs? i think they need the rings to measure but not sure. just finished cleaning cool head and cylinders today. also did some painting on the plastics. never dull on chrome and pipes and she is really shining. should have it done within a week. how do u guys break in a new top end? what mix to use and how about coating the cylinders?