Rear bumper

tonyown

I can see the advantage of the extra tanks but I could never get used to all that extra weight on the rear. Wouldn't it kill performance as well as overall balance? I can ride for hours on a tank. Where are you going?

I bet an almost stock Banshee with a 170lb rider would easily beat a modified one with a bigger 220lb rider. So ya weight is a big factor. It would hook better with the gas tanks but the extra weight would be very detrimental in the turns as it would give more of the pendulum effect and swing around easier and faster. Not good

Prmatv, got my belly and swinger skid there, tough shit.

PRM makes one like this, but I don't think this is a PRM unit. The weight may be a factor if you are tearing it up, but if the tank doesn't hold enough fuel to get you where you want to go, then you have to do something. When I was at St. Anthonys Dunes in Idaho, I could just get from Desert Oasis campground out to Choke Cherry Jill and back with my bike. I have a quick detach six pack rack on the wife's bike that we caryy a 2.5 gal. jug in, the six pack part comes off by pulling 1 pin and then it is basically a normal grab bar. I got it from a guy on Ebay, he makes them for several models. It is a home made deal, but with a little cleanup work it is presentable, I rounded off some corners, etc. to make it look better and if I had a TIG and knew how to use it, I might have redone a couple of welds also, but it does do what I bought it for and that is carry extra gas when we need it and not be there when we don't.

I am seriously about to delve into rear bumper fab. I will make one like this,i think its sick and a perfect accessory for long trail rides.
i've been looking for something similar to this but maybe just hold 1 gas can and a cooler rack also with making it easy to remove like the 1 pin idea would be awesome.