clutch plates?

I thought so but I just picked up my first banshee 3 weeks ago and I went to install a cascade shift star and there was 7 friction and 7 steel I knew it wasn't right but wanted to be sure there was 2 steel against each other some people are just hackers

7 fiber 6 steel.

Start and end with a fiber when installing.

glad to see another ct rider ,welcome :headbang:

thanks man theres lots of CT riders I have like 4 friends with banshees even we just need the riding spots the DEP is supposed to be setting aside

Some people run 2 steels side by side in the middle of the clutch pack, you get better grab.

I did for a while until I switched lockups...

That's what someone means by an extra steel or extra plate when they're talking about a stock clutch setup.

does it matter where in the middle they are with no friction plate between? and do you think I should stay with that?

The performance mods are gnarly pipes with powercore 2s,adj timing plate +4'tors eliminators/jetted carbs 310 main and 27.5 pilot,power reeds,60 over wisecos being done right now and shift star that's it for now I've only had it for just under a month and I've made lots of progress

What kind of bike do you have/what are your mods?

does it matter where in the middle they are with no friction plate between? and do you think I should stay with that?

By running the extra plate you are preloading the clutch springs more. It is also reducing the clearance between the plates when you pull the clutch lever, which will cause the bike to lunge forward because they are not releasing cleanly.Also, with the extra plate, is the pressure plate spline properly meshing with the clutch hub splines?

By running the extra plate you are preloading the clutch springs more. It is also reducing the clearance between the plates when you pull the clutch lever, which will cause the bike to lunge forward because they are not releasing cleanly.Also, with the extra plate, is the pressure plate spline properly meshing with the clutch hub splines?

Untrue.

I had this on my 4 mil cub motor with NO lockup and it didn't lunge.

I had it adjusted properly as well as a new clutch cable, not a stretched out one.

The plates barely need any separation to engage/disengage.

There is more than enough room even on a stock setup (basket/inner/outer hub) to run an extra steel and have it mesh properly.

However...

With our mods, I truly feel you don't need it, to be honest.