New guy here with questions

Hey all im new here with some newb questions on jeting my stock carbs. Little back ground info first off. I have been lurking here for a few days gathering some info on how to mess witht he carbs and firmiliarizing myself with the parts and so on. First off how can I tell what main jet/pilot jets are currently installed? The bike came with FMF fatties and was supposedly jetted for the pipes but I am not too sure what altitude and weather it was jetted for. As I understand it the hotter the temp is outside the smaller the main jet I will need. Is this correct? The bike currently has the TORS system on it but I do plan to buy the elim kit. So I guess my real question is how should I be setting my carbs up or where is a good starting point? Im going to be riding the bike anwhere from 60-85 degrees, 600-1200 ft, and the only real mods i know of are the pipes, airbox lid will most likely be removed and the tors elim kit i plan on doing. Any info greatly appreciated, and on a side note great site here. Lots of helpful info so far!

It should say on the jets what size they are. With the lid removed and a k&n you should be somwhere around a 270 main, 27.5 pilot, needle clip in the middle. I believe its the Black and White wire that come out of the tors that you can clip and that will eliminate the tors system until its removed you can find that in another thread. And yes the hotter it is the smaller the main jet size.

It should say on the jets what size they are. With the lid removed and a k&n you should be somwhere around a 270 main, 27.5 pilot, needle clip in the middle. I believe its the Black and White wire that come out of the tors that you can clip and that will eliminate the tors system until its removed you can find that in another thread. And yes the hotter it is the smaller the main jet size.

Yeah from what I can tell the previous owner clipped those wires already. With those clipped, is there any real reason to but the elimination kit? What should I be doing with my idle screw?

Yeah still a good idea to get rid of those junks on top of the carbs. It wont give you any electrical problems with the wires clipped. The idle screws on the tors unit still control the idle you can see the slides move when you turn it when you look through the airbox. should be the same height on both sides.

Hey all im new here with some newb questions on jeting my stock carbs. Little back ground info first off. I have been lurking here for a few days gathering some info on how to mess witht he carbs and firmiliarizing myself with the parts and so on. First off how can I tell what main jet/pilot jets are currently installed? The bike came with FMF fatties and was supposedly jetted for the pipes but I am not too sure what altitude and weather it was jetted for. As I understand it the hotter the temp is outside the smaller the main jet I will need. Is this correct? The bike currently has the TORS system on it but I do plan to buy the elim kit. So I guess my real question is how should I be setting my carbs up or where is a good starting point? Im going to be riding the bike anwhere from 60-85 degrees, 600-1200 ft, and the only real mods i know of are the pipes, airbox lid will most likely be removed and the tors elim kit i plan on doing. Any info greatly appreciated, and on a side note great site here. Lots of helpful info so far!

Im not as good guys at the carb ?s as some of these other, but I do know from google earth that you are at 780 ft ASL.

Welcomew to the HQ, this place is your one stop shop for newbies to veterans! Ive learned a tonne here.

Hello guys,

When fine tuneing the carbs with the A/F screw on the side of the stock carbs, when turning the screw witch way is fatter and witch way is leaner? At idle I have smoke coming from the left exhaust but not the right. My bike is a 95 shee with mods as followed

66.5 wiseco pistons

stock head

Boyesen reeds

FMF good series exhaust

ported and polished

I'm not sure what pilots are in it but I seen the mains are 290's. Bike runs like a bat out of hell except for only side (left) blowing smoke and not the other. Well it will some but no where near as much. Should both A/F screws be adjusted the exact same or will they be different?

Also is getting a boost bottle worth the time or not? I have read before they help and some say they dont do shit.