painting fenders

blastking

i have a 2003 banshee the fenders are black. I was wondering if i could use regular spray paint to paint them black again to cover up scratches.

You can paint them but without proper prep on the surface in a few rides it can look more crappy than what you started out with. For plastics you do need a adhesive promoter for plastics and a good surface to paint.

yup take your time and wet sand them, clean the surface really good, use adhesion promoter if youd like, and spray some krylon fusion on it, lots of light coats work well. Hand them up from the garage with bungie cords seems to work well, spray bottom of plastcs first to see if the finish is what your after!

yup take your time and wet sand them, clean the surface really good, use adhesion promoter if youd like, and spray some krylon fusion on it, lots of light coats work well. Hand them up from the garage with bungie cords seems to work well, spray bottom of plastcs first to see if the finish is what your after!