My First Shee...

sapient

I see no introduction section... maybe im blind? Anyway...

I'm from blasterforum, I got a blaster not too long ago and pretty much fell in love with the 2 stroke thing... My blaster is pretty fast, but I wanted more ;)

My friend blew up his banshee and sold it to me for $450.00, all it needs is a new piston/rings. I figured it was a damn good deal.

It's an 03 Yamaha Blaster

Full FMF Gold exhaust

Shaved head

V-Force reeds

+10 Timing Key

GSXR clutch

+6? Swingarm

K&N Air Filter

ITP Holeshots

IMG_0807.JPG

IMG_0809.JPG

IMG_0810.JPG

IMG_0811.JPG

Soo, my question is... What type of pistons do I need? Do I need to replace both of them or just the one that's F'd? I have a new shaved head and there isnt any damage to the jugs... I know im going to need to flush the case out with diesel, but that should be it right?

So, I need stock size piston/rings, what kind and where should i get them?

Thanks.

I thought about boring them, but I really don't have the money to get them done right now, I just want to get it running, then I'll see about boring it over.

I'll definitely hone the cylinders.

Should I get 2 new pistons?

What are the best brand stock size pistons?

Welcome to the HQ!! Just do it right the first time man. Measure your cylinder bores then determine whether or not it needs to be bored. You shouldnt buy anything but new pistons, and i only throw wisecos in mine. That is a good deal at amazon btw. Its 90 bucks to bore the cylinders thats pretty cheap and you wont have to tear it down again untill next season or whenever you decide to. I can see it now, you'll put in new pistons and rings and you'll lose the top end after a couple rides cuz one of your cylinders is out of round. Not saying it will happen but its happend to me before.

+10 timing advance...

isn't that a bit on the high side? would require race fuel only wouldn't it?

Maybe he detonated it to death on lower octane gas?

Just an observation im sure someone with more smarts on this will chime in.

@Twisted, So you're saying I shouldn't JUST buy pistons, throw them in, and run? lol cause that's what I was planning on...

Is there anyone on here I could send my cylinders to have them bored? Or does anyone know of anybody reliable around the baton rouge, Louisiana area?

If they're stock bore, what would I want to bore them over to?

@ Pondtunes, he said he was running 4/1 with some kind of oil that made it smell like race fuel... klotz maybe?

I sure would like to know if the +10 key would cause it to blow up, I don't want this to happen again for sure.

@Twisted, So you're saying I shouldn't JUST buy pistons, throw them in, and run? lol cause that's what I was planning on...

Is there anyone on here I could send my cylinders to have them bored? Or does anyone know of anybody reliable around the baton rouge, Louisiana area?

If they're stock bore, what would I want to bore them over to?

@ Pondtunes, he said he was running 4/1 with some kind of oil that made it smell like race fuel... klotz maybe?

I sure would like to know if the +10 key would cause it to blow up, I don't want this to happen again for sure.

If you search around for timing advance threads you'll find that +4 is the most anyone recommends, anything over +4 is for the pro's that know exactly what they're doing.