Pilots and Mains?

Just got my fmf fattys and Q-series silencers, also have lid off, k&n filter, boyesen power reed, Pro Lite 65.50, rest of the motor is stock. So I was wondering wich pilot and main jet should I be using. Sea level, 15-25 degrees celsius, 32:1?, 91 octane

I have a chariot timming plate on the way. what should I set it to +4?

Can't wait to get my bansheehq hoodie! =)

lol @ that 30 pilot... ill go with what the other guy said 27.5 mains and either 2 screws out of tight or 1.5, 2 should be better though....

but ima have to say 280-290 mains.

ive got the same setup as you but ive got K&N pod filters, and now im running 270 mains and its perfect.. im sea level 18-30 degrees celsius

Does everyone agree fmf is wrong about 30 pilots? Someone needs to notify them.

I have just about the exact same mods as the OP:

FMF fattys w/ turbine core 2

mod quad adaptor w/ K&N

air box lid off

boyesen dual stage power reeds

My elevation is about 1200 ft.

I've jetted my bike with just about every main/pilot/needle combo I could. I've tried 280, 290, 300, 310, 320, and 330 on the mains, 25, 27.5, and 30 on the pilots, and 3rd, 4th and 5th clip positions on the stock needle. For 60degF and above, I've found that 300 mains are the way to go. 30-60degF I run 310s and below 30degF I run 320s. The clip is best in the 4th position with the reeds and the fattys. For 50-60deg and below the 30 pilots help the bike start on 1st or 2nd kick when shes cold and no trouble when shes warm. When it gets above 60 or 70 degF, I run the 27.5 pilots and it starts fine when cold.

So, as far as the pilots go, I think that the 30s are about spot on for me in cold weather. That being said, it does smoke quite a bit and will show some unburned premix on the exhaust tips until she gets warmed up. I really just think that FMF suggests 30s for easy starting. When I run 25 and 27.5 pilots in cold weather, it takes about 6-10 kicks to start her up cold. I honestly think that their jetting recommendations are just about spot in 60 deg F weather.

I have just about the exact same mods as the OP:

FMF fattys w/ turbine core 2

mod quad adaptor w/ K&N

air box lid off

boyesen dual stage power reeds

My elevation is about 1200 ft.

I've jetted my bike with just about every main/pilot/needle combo I could. I've tried 280, 290, 300, 310, 320, and 330 on the mains, 25, 27.5, and 30 on the pilots, and 3rd, 4th and 5th clip positions on the stock needle. For 60degF and above, I've found that 300 mains are the way to go. 30-60degF I run 310s and below 30degF I run 320s. The clip is best in the 4th position with the reeds and the fattys. For 50-60deg and below the 30 pilots help the bike start on 1st or 2nd kick when shes cold and no trouble when shes warm. When it gets above 60 or 70 degF, I run the 27.5 pilots and it starts fine when cold.

So, as far as the pilots go, I think that the 30s are about spot on for me in cold weather. That being said, it does smoke quite a bit and will show some unburned premix on the exhaust tips until she gets warmed up. I really just think that FMF suggests 30s for easy starting. When I run 25 and 27.5 pilots in cold weather, it takes about 6-10 kicks to start her up cold. I honestly think that their jetting recommendations are just about spot in 60 deg F weather.

Thanks for all the info, I think I have a good idea where to start. I'll just have to see what works the best for my machine. I'll be posting my final jetting when I get my machine all back together.

That isn't small man thats perfect, 285 ft above sea level, fmf ssts, vf2 with reed spacers, open airbox pro flow adapter with k&n, .040 thats what i ran. 260 mains

From what I understand there is no right answer because ever machine is different. I will keep in mind that 260 could be a possibility.