Paddle recomendation

papa_smurf49319

Well im a dune virgin and really plan on getting out there this summer, looking for paddles that would be best for my current setup. I know its been asked a million times and i appreciate any help i get. Any other things i should consider before making my first trip to silver lake in michigan?

Oh also will i want something different than knobbies up front?

Any particular wheel i should get, im thinkin of getting another set of quad roks, cause i like them so much for trails, but if there to heavy or i dont need the added strength than i can settle for something else.

Thanks

Cody

Edited by papa_smurf49319

10 paddles may be to much. im running 9 paddle 22x11x8 super lites on my 4mil drag bike, so your setup may like tens to even eights? if u wana dune it and jump it and hit the trails get some 20in tall skats straight or v paddle 8 paddle or maybe 10 on a 8 or 10 inch rim. if u wana drag it and just rip around on it id go with my size or 21's? wheel speed is good if u wana keep her in the power band most of the time and still have her be able to pull. your best bet is to pick the style or type of paddle for your riding then just gear it to where its wat u want.

but either way go with skat trak!

Edited by Badasshee

I would run a 21inch 9 paddle extreme on your set up,but thats really gonna shine the most on hill climbs. you could run the V- paddle edge tires,if you want to dune as well. the straight rib tires are more of a challenge in the turning department,but your a skilled rider.

I would run a 21inch 9 paddle extreme on your set up,but thats really gonna shine the most on hill climbs. you could run the V- paddle edge tires,if you want to dune as well. the straight rib tires are more of a challenge in the turning department,but your a skilled rider.

Damn straight lol, ill sacrafice rideabiltiy to kick ass lol. Any particular wheels in mind jeff? Rib on front tire or smoothie, or knobbie fine?

Cody

well seeings how ive never been i dont know what ill enjoy the most. But if i had to guess it would be racing people up and down the hill. My bike is definettly not a drag only bike, but i dont wanna lose to my buddy lol. :headbang:

Cody

You go to ferris state right? which is like a little over an hour to silver lake and you are not there every weekend?

Yea...there not cheap. I would just get rears if you dont want to spend that kind of dough. I have always ran knobbies up front and never had a problem, although im sure ribs or smoothies would float on the sand a little better. Your running a stock swing arm right? If so, i would not over paddle it or youll be on yer ass quick. :cry: Youll have to let me know when your going so we can tear up the dunes :headbang:

First off don't buy them from rockymountain. They're to exspensive. Call up a dealer like wildcard or fast and ask them for a price. Brandon at wildcard is getting me some 22/11/8 9 paddle haulers ultra lites for 330 shipped and I'm sure it wouldn't get up to the 600's if u added some Douglas rims. Just my 2 cents. Call around first. And if u go with extremes go one less paddle then u would if u bought haulers. Extremes r alot for a stock cylinder bike. And seeming that it's your first time don't blow a shit load of money on paddles u don't need if u know wat I mean?

First off don't buy them from rockymountain. They're to exspensive. Call up a dealer like wildcard or fast and ask them for a price. Brandon at wildcard is getting me some 22/11/8 9 paddle haulers ultra lites for 330 shipped and I'm sure it wouldn't get up to the 600's if u added some Douglas rims. Just my 2 cents. Call around first. And if u go with extremes go one less paddle then u would if u bought haulers. Extremes r alot for a stock cylinder bike. And seeming that it's your first time don't blow a shit load of money on paddles u don't need if u know wat I mean?

ya 600 was for all four corners, ill call the sponsors, i was just using rocky mountain for a quick estimate. Wont be buying for a little while yet though.

Just to make sure you don't make a mistake on your wheels, here's a bit of info for you. If you go with 10" rims in the back, get .190, so they don't bend, or egg shape, if you land wrong on a jump. If you go with 8" rims, the .125" rims will be fine. I've got the .125" rims on the back, and have had them since 1996, with no problems. With the smaller rims, there will be plenty of tire sidewall to protect the rims, or at least that's how it's worked for me.