Banshee boggs down about 1/4 throttle and dies.

blackshee555

Hey Guys,

Need your help. Last August my Banshee was running great after a port job last year. I parked it for about 2 months then tried to start it and it wouldn't start. Tried pull starting it wouldn't start, felt like it wasn't getting any spark. I mean I was pulling it from the back of a truck and that couldn't get it to fire up. I followed the clymer troubleshooting tips and now it starts perfect and stays running like it use to but about 1/4 throttle it Boggs down and dies as if the parking brake was on and the T.O.R.S were limiting the engine from revving. I checked & cleaned the carbs and jets. Checked compression and I’m right where I was when my Banshee was running great. Took off the cool head and inspected the pistons and thru the exhaust port inspected the rings, no issues. Drained the fuel tank and put in fresh gas still have the same issue. I'm stumped need your help.

Thanks,

Chris

No, not sure how to do that.

Unplug the TORS - the little black box under the left front fender. I don't remember if that takes care of the parking brake problem or not. You can follow the wire from your parking brake lever (clutch lever) down to where it can be unplugged, or just cut it.

Unplug the TORS - the little black box under the left front fender. I don't remember if that takes care of the parking brake problem or not. You can follow the wire from your parking brake lever (clutch lever) down to where it can be unplugged, or just cut it.

You're the MAN!!!!!!! Disconnected the TOR, and the Banshee came back from the dead. Thanks Bro...