what tire size?

esterelbanshee

Here's Ballance's championship winning YFZ with 21's in the front and 20's in the rear... Keep in mind that these two guys are the fastest trail riders in the country, they are both factory sponsored riders and can run any size tire they like. Both guys run Maxxis Razr's in the rear and Razr 2's up front. This tire brand and size combo has won more GNCC championships than all other tire brands and sizes combined. Bill Ballance has won atleast 6 Pro championships with this tire setup and Borich won the 2009 championship with the same tire combo. Keep in mind, these guys run tireballs in all four of their tires.

indyday2_011.jpg

08-bill-ballance-yamaha-yfz450-atv.jpg

Chris Borich with 21's and 20's

09-chris-borich-suzuki-ltr450-atv.jpg

chris-borich-2008-florida-ltr450-atv.jpg

Typical GNCC track conditions

06-jarrod-mcclure-yamaha-yfz450-atv-mud-racing.jpg

Pro racer Jarod McClure with the same Razr tires and setup as Borich and Ballance

06-jarrod-mcclure-yamaha-yfz450-atv-mud.jpg

#2 Pro GNCC and Factory Yamaha racer Tyler Kiser with the same Razr tires and size combo

gncc-2009-taylor-kiser-13-yamaha-atv-mud.jpg

Five time Woman's class champion and Factory Yamaha racer Traci Cecco with the same Razr tires and size setup....

GNCCr10CeccoRiding.jpg

awesome write-up on this topic meat :notworthy:

lol, hope loco dont see this or hee will have a shit fit.......he cant stand razr tires :rotflmao:

heres some pics from the 09 ironman gncc, it was nasty :cheers:

Photo0114.jpg

Photo0113.jpg

Photo0118.jpg

Photo0120.jpg

Photo0106.jpg

Trail rider, do you have the Bill Ballance Razr's on your Banshee or was that your brother that had em on his quad ?

I guess Ballance ran his signature model tires for some of last season and he's prolly running them again this season. (he should prolly switch back the winning tire combo ;))

Im also thinking the 22's might be a good size tire if your not a very aggressive trail rider. For example, when we go out riding and we race around the trails as fast as we can. I wonder how many guys out there are aggressive trail 'racing', and how many guys just ride at a good pace and are not as aggressive. I'd guess that most guys are not racing around the trails and more guys are just out for a good, fun ride and I think these guys could go either way with the rear tire size, the 20 or the 22's would work fine for em. I think the guys who like to 'put the hammer down' and race around with your buddies, would be far better off using the sportier 20 inch size. I think the larger 22's would work fine for guys that are just out for a good trail ride. Its just a theory.

Oh and 'Trail Rider", those mud pictures you posted look craaaaazy. Racing beats the hell out of an ATV. I am not a fan of mud riding. I prefer to stay dry :rolleyes: .

Trail rider, do you have the Bill Ballance Razr's on your Banshee or was that your brother that had em on his quad ?

I guess Ballance ran his signature model tires for some of last season and he's prolly running them again this season. (he should prolly switch back the winning tire combo ;))

Im also thinking the 22's might be a good size tire if your not a very aggressive trail rider. For example, when we go out riding and we race around the trails as fast as we can. I wonder how many guys out there are aggressive trail 'racing', and how many guys just ride at a good pace and are not as aggressive. I'd guess that most guys are not racing around the trails and more guys are just out for a good, fun ride and I think these guys could go either way with the rear tire size, the 20 or the 22's would work fine for em. I think the guys who like to 'put the hammer down' and race around with your buddies, would be far better off using the sportier 20 inch size. I think the larger 22's would work fine for guys that are just out for a good trail ride. Its just a theory.

Oh and 'Trail Rider", those mud pictures you posted look craaaaazy. Racing beats the hell out of an ATV. I am not a fan of mud riding. I prefer to stay dry :rolleyes: .

well, if were going by who made this screen name here, its my brother ryan who's blue shee is in the sig, I myself have owned 3 different banshees (including the very first one we bought together) and rode/raced that 250r thats in the pic for a while until trading it for a banshee a few months ago. my brothers banshee (in the sig) is the one with the razr ballance tires. and actually, we've not sen but very few people with those tires at the races, most of em use the razr/razrII combo. these tires are very aggressive and almost give too much traction. he has to run em aired up tight with like 10psi cause thats the only way he can get em to slide and spin. he tried running em like normal tires and they bite so much its hard to control the bike under hard aggresive riding.

Thanks guys. I have a set of 20's already but just scored a set of 22" Realtors to play in the mud with. I ride at 3/4 speed most of the time so that i can ride far and last long. These tires will be fun. Gearing won't be such an issue because I only use them on muddy days or snow. That was a great montage of racing pics. Really enjoyed those