Getting ready to start my first build

Stumbaugh

First off, I would like to say hello to everyone. I'm tried to find a newb introduction section but couldn't find it so I hope I didn't miss it. I am new to Banshee's and am getting ready to start my build on my first one. I have drag raced cars all my life (mustangs) and am getting ready to make the jump over to the banshee world. I am a newb for real so I am going to apologize WAY in advance for the stupid newb questions! I am going to start out with a bare frame and am wanting to build from there. I am going to base my build off of a friend of mines build and off of a few of the members banshee's ive looked at on here. I am looking at going with a 4mm stroke crank with a 5mm rod. Also wanting to use the NOSS cool head with in frame drag pipes. Also looking at an 4 or 6+ swing arm and 2 and 1 over a arms. I know this is a very very scattered out list. As i said before. I am new. Ive rode banshee's a lot but never really knew a lot about them. I could DEFINITELY use a lot of opinions/suggestions on the build. The kind of riding I do will be sand/drag. What kind/how big of carbs do i need? What kind of reeds would you recommend? Im hoping this build will turn out how I have it in my head. I am thinking of going with polished A arms and swing arm with an orange, dark red, or torched red frame with metallic in it. I think it would look pretty killer IMO. I havent decided on the color of plastic yet. Well enough rambling on because I can pretty much do that all day long. I look forward to hearing everyones suggestions/opinions on my build.

Thanks,

Jake

Welcome to the site dude. You will find all the info and parts you need right here. Hit me up for parts, polishing modquad accessories and go fast bolt ons. Also hit up one of our other sponsors for some port work and engine builds. Shoot me a pm anytime and ill hook you up. Im running a great deal on swingarms and drag axles right now. Check it out in the sponsor spotlight. Theres a brief description in my sig. Welcome to your new addiction bro. Open up that wallet. :headbang:

hey thanks for the info. I will definitely check out all the sponsors. Ive been opening up my wallet for a long time with the car addiction. For the build I am doing now compared to the car i was building. This will be a cheap hobby! (about 25k invested in my mustang and it still doesnt have a motor or transmission built yet!)

hey thanks for the info. I will definitely check out all the sponsors. Ive been opening up my wallet for a long time with the car addiction. For the build I am doing now compared to the car i was building. This will be a cheap hobby! (about 25k invested in my mustang and it still doesnt have a motor or transmission built yet!)

Sounds like your on your way. Give a sponsor a call they will build you the best shee you could imagine. If you are going dune/drag only you might wanna think about getting some cubb cylinders. And for pipes CPI's will do you good. But like I said the sponsor will build you a beast.

The skys the limit on a shee it just depends on how big the wallet is.

A few little parts you should look into...

Pancake Bearing

Roller bearing mod on the shift star

Billet Basket

billet impeller

Cascadeinnovations.net is a great place for parts, both OEM and aftermarket. Rockymountainatv.com is another great source for parts.

As you build and come up with questions jump on here and do a quick search, if you can't find what you're looking for just ask. Sounds like you've got a good start from what you've listed. I would suggest 34 or 35mm carbs with a 4mil dune/drag bike. They are easy to come by and easy to set up. Also keep an eye on the for sale section. You can get a lot of the parts you will need from other members here for a lot less than retail.

Yeah i have been doing some research. there for definitly a lot of helpful information on here. Every now and again I plan on doing some trail riding but it wont be anything bad. There are a few mountains up here where we can ride that are just 2 lane dirt roads. I am definitly very excited about the build. Im totally new to 2 strokes so im still learning the basics of them. So far im mainly looking at the sigs of other members to see their combo's and just going from there. I look forward to showing the build progress!