NEW Coolant / CDI / Voltage regulator bracket

87sheerips

Well I have had a lot of requests to develop a CDI, coolant, V. regulator bracket. Here's what I came up with. I will get installed pics this week. it will come with all hardware needed, and is currently designed to install with self tapping screws right into your frame. This will clean up all of your components in a nice and organized bracket.

let me know your thoughts!

Coolantbottlebrkt.jpg

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks pretty sweet any idea what you are going to charge for them. I would love to see the installed pics, I'm getting ready to reassemble my shee in the next couple of weeks and I'm going to be needing something like this since I axed the bracket that was on the rear of the frame

I can understand that. They will have rubber grommets on them to seal off the hole, preventing water from getting in and all that. I just figured it would be a quick way for the average DIY to do. I might drill and tap mine, but the self tappers will work well too.

I also thought about making slots for hose clamps, but that will look cheap. Ideas are welcome so don't be shy. This is for you guys so, BY ALL MEANS chime in with mounting suggestions.

I was actually going to ask you if you made anything like this.

I had one like this on my old bike, it used existing mounts.

gbracingcdibrkt1.jpg

Yea, I just don't like the location of that bracket. I have one designed just like it, then I thought about the heat coming from the pipes and radiator... Didn't seem good for electronics.

I will design that bracket as well when I get the time, for now I am offering the bracket as shown above.

Drilling two or four holes in a chassis will do absolutely nothing to the integrity of the tubing. As engineers we are trained to "over engineer" all products that are to be sold to the general public. especially those in motorsports. Its a liability issue. Most of the gussets and tabs can be removed from the stock chassis and still be safe to ride.