My First Banshee

I just bought this 96 shee off of craplist for $1900, the guy i bought it from said he was the second owner and he hadn't did any mods to it, he says the guy he bought it from did all the mods. The bike pulls pretty hard and seems to be pretty clean, I have a couple of question about the bike that i hope maybe someone out there can help me with.

I will post pictures for illustration to my questions.

P1311579.jpg

1. It has a CPI Racing head, but i looked on CPI's website and couldn't find any banshee heads there? Can anyone tell me what kind of head this is? Looks like a cool head that i've been seeing but hell i dont know? I also wanted to know why would they remove the breather tube that goes between the two carbs, and plug up the holes

P1311584.jpg

2. I see on my throttle there is two wires cut what is or was that?

P1311581.jpg

3. Can anyone give me a better idea on how to mount these lights.

P1311583.jpg

Thanks in advance for all your help!! :headbang::headbang:

Look at this add on ebay. The billet mounts (round aluminum) fit in the stock location. I tried to find replacement mounts but have had no luck so far. Look around and if you cant find any, PM me and we can talk about making some for you.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/YAMAHA-BANSHEE-TRAILTECH-LIGHTS-PAIR_W0QQitemZ130362463126QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_ATV_Parts_Accessories?hash=item1e5a355396

Those wires that came from the throttle were for the stock TORS system. You dont need them now.

Don't know who built that head, but it IS a coolhead......Better than stock for sure.

Look at this add on ebay. The billet mounts (round aluminum) fit in the stock location. I tried to find replacement mounts but have had no luck so far. Look around and if you cant find any, PM me and we can talk about making some for you.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/YAMAHA-BANSHEE-TRAILTECH-LIGHTS-PAIR_W0QQitemZ130362463126QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_ATV_Parts_Accessories?hash=item1e5a355396

Those wires that came from the throttle were for the stock TORS system. You dont need them now.

Don't know who built that head, but it IS a coolhead......Better than stock for sure.

Thanks for the info PM sent. What about the holes that are plugged up on the carbs where a boost bottle will usually sits?

with the blocked off intake boots. find a standard cross over pipe to fit or make something up to bridge the two together (thats not a boost bottle), some one here will have a crossover pipe for ya.

The nuts/bolts on the head, have the studs been cut to sit flush with the nut or are they bolts ?

with the blocked off intake boots. find a standard cross over pipe to fit or make something up to bridge the two together (thats not a boost bottle), some one here will have a crossover pipe for ya.

The nuts/bolts on the head, have the studs been cut to sit flush with the nut or are they bolts ?

There studs that have been cut down to sit flush, with silicone around the tops. Thanks for the info.

It is really not necessary to add a crossover tube as long as the carbs are properly synced. I run with mine plugged as well.

If you want one just PM NYUK on here. I'm sure he has one or two layin around that he would sell you.