T-6

Hey guys... i made a post about the FMF sst pipes.... well after doing more research iam convinced the t-6 are the right pipes for me. I now have three last and final questions. What reeds are the best for them?, should i use a timing plate? and should i install a cool head w smaller domes? Also does the bare/plain finish rust easily? thanks guys!

Hey guys... i made a post about the FMF sst pipes.... well after doing more research iam convinced the t-6 are the right pipes for me. I now have three last and final questions. What reeds are the best for them?, should i use a timing plate? and should i install a cool head w smaller domes? Also does the bare/plain finish rust easily? thanks guys!

V-Force, yes, yes, yes.

dude-i swear to god i wanna punch u in the throat!buy a set of pipes and ride it!!!fuck!!!if u want a good low end pipe get pcs-if u want top end get the ssts.t6s sound good and have the same performance.dmc 916s are good pipes too for top end.ull never be happy.pick a pipe and ride!!@!!!!!!!what are your next mods????get cpis if ur porting-if not buy ssts or t5s not t6s.6s are for stockers.if u want to leave it stock ok but ssts are kill too.ur only getting sound from t6s as to ssts.both perform almost equal!!!!!!!!!!!!u wont know till u ride em and ull never be happy on paper-as in with people here giving advice.it helps but ull never know till its under ur nuts-u need to feel it.ive been thru fattys,t5s,cpis,now pcs.u cant go by other peoples recos-it helps but u know how u want it to feel.but u have to experiment even if u gotta buy pipes and test em and ship em.thats the way it is-ull always wonder and for that fact ull switch pipes all the time.thats the way it goes-thats why u should have gotten ebay pipes for cheap and tested.im not a dick dude,ive been in ur shoes-but man u gotta pick one andgo from there bro,ull always wonder but its not worth the headaches or cash.think about future mods and go with ssts or cpis.p.s.-im drunk-but got the point across even if i repeated.love u dude.THINK ABOUT MODS!!!!!i know u wanna spend a shit load of money on ur quad so build accordingly-or not....

lol i kno I HAVE DECIDED ON t-6's over the sst's purley because toomey tells me how to jet it. IVE NEVER jetted a bike so this is REALLY APPEALING to me. now all i need answered are these questions:What reeds are the best for them?, should i use a timing plate? and should i install a cool head w smaller domes? Also does the bare/plain finish rust easily? PLEASE OPINIONS?? ILL NEVER POST AGAIN ABOUT THESE DAMN EXHAUSTS!!!!

lol i kno I HAVE DECIDED ON t-6's over the sst's purley because toomey tells me how to jet it. IVE NEVER jetted a bike so this is REALLY APPEALING to me. now all i need answered are these questions:What reeds are the best for them?, should i use a timing plate? and should i install a cool head w smaller domes? Also does the bare/plain finish rust easily? PLEASE OPINIONS?? ILL NEVER POST AGAIN ABOUT THESE DAMN EXHAUSTS!!!!

dont make the jetting fact the reason ur gonna go one way or another.its not hard to jet,it just takes a little time and patience.the ssts or any pipe really will be similar in jetting.ull probably end up with a 290ish in there regardless of pipe.hell,toomeys recommendations are most likely not spot on anyway,especially if you install reeds.as for reeds-the v3s are the way u want to go if your setting up for top end,they are nice reeds i think.timing plate,get one and try it.like u said,u can always go back to zero if you dont like it-u probably will like it advanced to 4.the cool heads are sweet.u get more cooling and can change domes quickly for more compression.i wouldnt go lower than 20cc domes for 93 pump gas.u can go lower but u get into 50/50 with 110 and 93,and like straight 110 with like 18-17s-i believe.20s are good so if ur with ur buddies and u run out of gas u can use theirs and not worry about race fuel.if money is tight,i would get pipes and head before the reeds-youll make more power with the head instead of the reeds.get the chariot 1 piece head-i have it and it is very nice quality and havent had any o-ring leaks or any issues.as for the bare/plain finish-they definately rust easier.they sell them cheaper because they arent coated.most people will get them powdercoated or take very good care of them.id say wash them real good after every ride and spray em with wd-40 if you are going the plain route.

dont make the jetting fact the reason ur gonna go one way or another.its not hard to jet,it just takes a little time and patience.the ssts or any pipe really will be similar in jetting.ull probably end up with a 290ish in there regardless of pipe.hell,toomeys recommendations are most likely not spot on anyway,especially if you install reeds.as for reeds-the v3s are the way u want to go if your setting up for top end,they are nice reeds i think.timing plate,get one and try it.like u said,u can always go back to zero if you dont like it-u probably will like it advanced to 4.the cool heads are sweet.u get more cooling and can change domes quickly for more compression.i wouldnt go lower than 20cc domes for 93 pump gas.u can go lower but u get into 50/50 with 110 and 93,and like straight 110 with like 18-17s-i believe.20s are good so if ur with ur buddies and u run out of gas u can use theirs and not worry about race fuel.if money is tight,i would get pipes and head before the reeds-youll make more power with the head instead of the reeds.get the chariot 1 piece head-i have it and it is very nice quality and havent had any o-ring leaks or any issues.as for the bare/plain finish-they definately rust easier.they sell them cheaper because they arent coated.most people will get them powdercoated or take very good care of them.id say wash them real good after every ride and spray em with wd-40 if you are going the plain route.

sweet..will the timing plate/cool heads add more low end power or what? Also will adding them effect jetting? thanks dude!

sweet..will the timing plate/cool heads add more low end power or what? Also will adding them effect jetting? thanks dude!

proper timing will add horsepower-not sure how much unless u get into big mods and alot of timing.+4 will give a better low end torqey feel and rev a little quicker but wont rev as high.the cool head will add horsepower across the powerband as u have more compression-being u go with a smaller dome than stock size.i think stock is like 24cc-dont quote me i could be wrong.20ccs will add power for sure.really shouldnt affect jetting,but checking plugs frequently is easy insurance and takes 2 minutes.

proper timing will add horsepower-not sure how much unless u get into big mods and alot of timing.+4 will give a better low end torqey feel and rev a little quicker but wont rev as high.the cool head will add horsepower across the powerband as u have more compression-being u go with a smaller dome than stock size.i think stock is like 24cc-dont quote me i could be wrong.20ccs will add power for sure.really shouldnt affect jetting,but checking plugs frequently is easy insurance and takes 2 minutes.

cool so for dirtroads and fast fire/log roads a timing plate is probably a bad idea? Stock dome size is 22 thought i should get a 21 or 20?

anybody else have a opinion on if jetting will be effected by adding a coolhead/timing plate?

Edited by Crazyatvspazz

nice anbody else? 21 or 20 cc domes?

i ran t6's on 20's and really like them. but you have to watch you octane. in cali our gas sucks, so i ended up frying some rings. i now run 21 with herrjugs ported cylinders and love it. i would go 21's to be reliable.

oh yeah got some t6's for sale.

Edited by Invader

This sound solid?

T-6 pipes

Chariot Timing plate +4

Chariot Cool Head 21cc domes

V-force delta reeds

jetting at toomeys specs:

1. Needle on the 4th groove

2. #280 Main jet (sea level, #270 for hot days or high altitude <2500')

3. Float setting = 21mm

4. Airscrew at approx. 1.5 turns out from full in. (Effective range .5 to 2.5)

5. Standard pilot jet (#25)

Remember iam looking for overall power... setting it up for fast fire roads/dirt roads log roads some trails...

The vforce reeds are for mid/top and the timing plate adds bottom right? Will that work together nicely or will it run like shit?