Picking up a new truck

Been looking for a cheap and basic truck for a while now. Found this and I am more than likely gonna go scoop it up tomorrow. Anyone have any experience with them? What should I look for? What do you think?

http://newyork.craigslist.org/jsy/cto/1530824184.html

i have one and my pops got them at same time in 97 new... both have over 300,000 miles just did the timing chain on mines for the first time and its never been opened before... its a 5speed only had to replace clutches, alternators, belts, brakes and tires... and its great on gas..

i have one and my pops got them at same time in 97 new... both have over 300,000 miles just did the timing chain on mines for the first time and its never been opened before... its a 5speed only had to replace clutches, alternators, belts, brakes and tires... and its great on gas..

NICE!!! I heard that those engines are bullet proof. Should be a sweet ride. Thanks for the reply.

hey bro, ive had 5 of them nissan trucks and they are unstopable, i loved em all and my buddys couldnt believe it when i blew by there full size chevys in the mud or up hills in the corn feilds. :headbang: the best thing about them is you can bolt a datsun 280z motor right to the nissan tranny, mine was cammed with a nice header and couldnt be stopped, (till i rolled it) banghead i'd buy it :cheers:

nice man, depends if its the v6 (3.0L) because those are great for hauling our toys, they got plenty of power, my dad's has around 88 000 miles, and it runs real nice, although we wish it was a 4x4, but other than that they are great reliable trucks with amazing gas mileage, we got ours for 2500, but its in mint condition, like the one

Those Nissans run for ever but don't be afraid to crawl under it and look for leaks and frame twist behind the cab If it's been off road that is where it'll tweak at also ck the floor for rust where the body mounts are at. That is where I had problems when we built the one I had. If it cks out run it til it quits then small block it.