dyna fs ignition ?

baker

hey guys im pretty new to the site but it kicks ass and there is a lot of great advise here, im hoping somebody has or had a dyna fs cdi and can tell me what settings are for what? it has a plug with 2 small switches on it marked 1 and 2 they can be up or down im told its to change the spark curve and the timing. where should i set them at for breaking in my new motor? is this a good add on or should i swap it for a stock one? thanks for any help!! :unsure:

Read This

It electronically changes your timing curves.

wow,thanks bansh-eman i just bought this bike a couple weeks ago it did have stock pipes, the guy said it was worked up with a fresh rebuild only 5 tanks ran through it. the thing was a problem from day 1, day 3 it blew up :angry: , i did a comp. check left side had 130psi right side had 30psi, i took it apart the right side was fucked. i ran the numbers on the wiseco pistons it a 66mm bore, i believe it said .080 over. i just bought some dune/trail ported cyls. and new vitos power pistons off ebay, the seller says they are bored.040. also picked up fmf fattys for the new build, has stock carbs but not sure about coil, or stator ill have to check. i think im going back to a stock cdi so this motor dont melt down again. what do u think? :confused: any help is greatly appreciated this is my 2nd shee and i love them, just want a good runner should i ditch this ignition? also any recomendations for jetting with the ported cyl. and fattys thanks :cheers:

what year is the ignition for. I plan on putting one on my bike. Ill trade for my 06 stock one and either some cash, polishing of some parts or some billet from modquad. Hit me up with a pm with some parts you need or want. Ill hook you up. I try hard too offer the best deals on modquad performance parts and accessories. Let me know.

what year is the ignition for. I plan on putting one on my bike. Ill trade for my 06 stock one and either some cash, polishing of some parts or some billet from modquad. Hit me up with a pm with some parts you need or want. Ill hook you up. I try hard too offer the best deals on modquad performance parts and accessories. Let me know.

well to be honest im not sure what year my shee is, i was told its a 99 but on the info from bansh-eman it says they were made for the 87-96 bikes, ill have to go to my buddys garage and get the numbers off the frame and motor and check it out, i cant figure out how to do a pm anybody want to let me know? :notworthy:

well, there is a pinned topic in here that shows how to read the vin to tell the year of the frame. but, all that matters is the style of the connectors in the harness. if the plug is round, then it is older electronics, and if the cdi/stator plugs are squarish, then it is 97 and newer...

There should be 3 differant cdi's. 87-94, 95-96, and 97- current. Depending on which year you have you may have extra wire hanging from the cdi... it's no big deal just wrap them up out of the way. I have one on my bike and plan on getting rid of it eventually. I am going to get it to the track first.

Curve 4 in the dyna is the stock timing curve as long as no one reprogrammed it. If you running the right fuel, and have the bike jetted properly, the cdi isn't going to cause the bike to burn down in the next 1000 years.

Well,it isn't exactly stock per se. THe timing doesn't retard as much at the higher rpms like the stock cdi. But it is definitely closest to stock (and labeled "stock" by Dyna.)