Kick Starter

350 screamer

i got a 04 shee im kinda new i just bought it like a week ago, i was told that the clip in the kick starter (#3 on the picture) needs to be replaced im not sure how it goes on the shaft ive looked at blue prints for it and i see on those that it like goes in the back of the gear that pops out to crank over the engine on the shaft im just not sure how it goes on????

post-34535-12612871498245_thumb.gif

when you take the kickstart shaft out you shoud see a gear with kinda a lip on it, itgoes on that gear with the niple facing the out toward the engine when your installing it , you should see a slot on the engine case , slide it into that, thats what holds the gear from slipping out when its engaged , make sure to look around for the old broken clip.

THIS ONES OFF OF A BLASTER BUT ITS THE SAME CONCEPT TO PUTTING IT ON, THE PART I HIGHLIGTED RED IS WERE THE GROOVE FOR THE CLIIP IS

Bh3TkQgBGkKGrHqMOKiMEsnDHCSkBLLT-iR.jpg

when you take the kickstart shaft out you shoud see a gear with kinda a lip on it, itgoes on that gear with the niple facing the out toward the engine when your installing it , you should see a slot on the engine case , slide it into that, thats what holds the gear from slipping out when its engaged , make sure to look around for the old broken clip.

THIS ONES OFF OF A BLASTER BUT ITS THE SAME CONCEPT TO PUTTING IT ON, THE PART I HIGHLIGTED RED IS WERE THE GROOVE FOR THE CLIIP IS

Bh3TkQgBGkKGrHqMOKiMEsnDHCSkBLLT-iR.jpg

now in order to take out the shaft does the clutch pack need to come out i think it would, wouldnt it?

• 2 weeks later...