shee wont shift right

wizeass2005

OK so something happened I was racing my banshee up and down sand mountain all day when I noticed that my shifter was not returning to the center when I shifted. when I down shift the shifter stays down and up shift stays up. So I have a feeling that I may have had a expensive weekend. If anyone knows what might be going on in there let me know. I was also wondering if it would be worth just throwing in a duneable overdide (1-5 neutral down) and lock up from F.A.S.T while I was in there? Thanks for your time.

just pop the clutch cover off and check out your shift arm and such. you don't have to get into the tranny or split case. likely just a broken spring. you can go ahead and throw a lockup in there if you really need it, but if the clutch doesn't slip, i would just save it for a later build. i would throw a shift kit in there, however. should schedule the override and topend at the same time, unless there is other tranny issues......like if it ever falls out of gear or grind....

-Heath H-

just pop the clutch cover off and check out your shift arm and such. you don't have to get into the tranny or split case. likely just a broken spring. you can go ahead and throw a lockup in there if you really need it, but if the clutch doesn't slip, i would just save it for a later build. i would throw a shift kit in there, however. should schedule the override and topend at the same time, unless there is other tranny issues......like if it ever falls out of gear or grind....

-Heath H-

Is a shift kit the rounded off shift star? or that electronic shift kit?

Edited by wizeass2005

na, that's just the locator......click up there where it says "BHQ sponsors" next to the smaller banner at the top of every page. i believe it is mull, and i think charriot that has the package....they also talk about it in product reviews, i believe....it's just a new designed star, that i know mull makes, and the modded shift shaft

you should get the mull star instead.... http://cgi.ebay.com/YAMAHA-BANSHEE-NEW-BILLET-SHIFT-STAR-HEAD-CYLINDER-DRAG_W0QQitemZ170418127678QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item27adb6433e

and the shift shaft can be modded, but you will probably need a new spring or something, but you don't know untill you get in there

If your considering a duneable overide.. this stuff isn't needed. Trans will shift like butter without this stuff and you'll have to have the shift star modded again anyways. You'll love the duneable overide.. Once you use it you'll wonder why you went so long without it! Might as well save the money and put it towards the overide. These parts wont fix your issue either.