+2 vs. +3

robert.b.west

I am going to be ordering some wicked a arms and i cant decide if i want to get +2 or +3. I ride Probably 90% dunes and 10% wide trails. I would just like some input on maybe what you have or like better. Pros or cons. I would also like to see some pictures of front ends with +2 or +3 if someone would not mind posting. It would be a lot of help. Thanks

I am going to be ordering some wicked a arms and i cant decide if i want to get +2 or +3. I ride Probably 90% dunes and 10% wide trails. I would just like some input on maybe what you have or like better. Pros or cons. I would also like to see some pictures of front ends with +2 or +3 if someone would not mind posting. It would be a lot of help. Thanks

If you dont ride on tight trails I would get the plus 3 arms. Same price and you get a little more stability.

I love my +2 arms. I do the same... I got a set of off set front rims so it adds another inch on both side. And then when I ride the trails im good when I run the stock rims. I still clear most of the trees. But when you order the arms you need to make sure and see if the arms are LT or ST shocks.

Also what kind of axle would i need to match +3's. I was planning on getting a G-force or what ever it is called. Would this be wide enough or would I need to get some kind of offset rear wheels to make up the extra inch.

i have the g force its +4 with the g force extended hubs makes me +8

i think i have plus 3s on my bike. its hard to tell, ive owned antoher "+3" asr a arms and they wernt nearly as wide as my long travel arms i have now. check out my sig. you be the judge

Do you like them? would you want to go any narrower? I think i am leaning toward the +3's because i just dont want to get some and not be wide enough.

As for the axle i know my +4 is just a hair over my +2+1 arms. I have a +6 on my raptor from lonestar. But it all depends on what rim your wanting to run. If you want to stay stock size with the +3 arms then I really dont think you will see much a of diff if you have a +4 axle.

You should go with the +3s and get 4x1 inset wheels. Meaning that when you bolt your wheels on, you will be closer to +2. Inset wheels will allow your ball joints to be closer to the center of the wheels. This will improve your handling and stability at the same time.

Here is a picture of +2+1 arms with 3x2 (stock offset) wheels.

Wickedfrontend.jpg

Here is the picture of the rear, the axle is a GForce and it is set at +2.

Newrearend.jpg

Go with +3's, then get 4 and 1 offset front rims, this will bring you back to a +2 front end but be easier to steer the bike (will put your outer tie rods closer to your wheels centerline)

Also you will want to have your rear set up about an inch to a 1/2 more narrow than your front end, take that into consideration when buying the axle, make sure it has the removable spacers and all.