Engine Problems

03cobra283

I have a 2001 banshee that has a T-6 kit on it. From day one of the install the right cylinder is not firing when your WOT. It will start and idle GREAT. It will even rev great and hit hard while sitting there. The second you take off and try to rip on it, the right cylinder does not hit. I am gonna change the reeds out since they are the originals but does anyone have any thoughts of what it could be? Thanks

I have a 2001 banshee that has a T-6 kit on it. From day one of the install the right cylinder is not firing when your WOT. It will start and idle GREAT. It will even rev great and hit hard while sitting there. The second you take off and try to rip on it, the right cylinder does not hit. I am gonna change the reeds out since they are the originals but does anyone have any thoughts of what it could be? Thanks

Sure sounds like jetting or carb sync from here. Check carb sync and make sure jets are clear.

B

Sounds like jetting in your case. I had somewhat of a the same problem i ended up haveing to replace my coil and everything worked great.

Well I used the jets that Toomey gives you with the kit. I installed the new reeds, but havent had time to see if its any better. Im gonna clean the carbs out once more and check to make sure the float on the right side carb is adjusted right. I will also try switching the plug wires around. If anyone has anything else to look at just let me know thanks.

yes, there is a little jet in the bottom hole in the opening of the carb. that is the airjet that mixes with the fuel in the emultion tube (needle jet) if it gets plugged, it will pull 2x as much fuel out of the main. it's the right out of the 3 ho;les in the pic

1260341398.jpg