Banshee won't idle

qcklys

Okay here's my problem, my shee has been sitting outside since like 2.5-3 month waiting for suspension parts , now that i installed everything back i thought it was a good time to change jet (since its now cold out here maybe -10 degree celsius) so i changed my jet and notice the carb were way out of sync, so while im at it I synced the carb, dont have the tool so i go by the mark and by touch for the slide, now everything looks okay, slide move at the exact same time, ping mark is right in the window where it should be at full open throttle. So i tried to start it, it start first kick and seem to go just fine but it will not keep his idle as soon as i release the throttle it die, i went for short ride and still doing the samething as soon as i release throttle it would die, i tried adjusting the idle screw on the side (Since i have no tors box anymore) and it seems its not doing anything now, i thought maybe it was because the gaz was old and there wasnt that much left so my next step is to go get some new gaz and try it out but i was wondering if any of you have an idea of what it could be (havent tried with new gaz yet will go get some today or tomorrow) but ill take any suggestion, maybe i did something wrong while syncing the carb or Idk! thanks for suggestion!

Pull off the filter/filters and look at the slides. Look and see if the idle needle is making contact with the slides. I had this prob at first and found out that I had to shave off more of the carb so the idle screw will reach in more to the slides. Next I would have to say if those are ok then look at the choke tube. I also tried that way of syncing the carbs by look and all i can say is that testing with the air flow meter and they are off. It was a great tool to invest in for around $30 i think. And plus it comes in handy on other motors later on.