streched chain?

hollisatp

Hey all... I have a question about my chain.. It is a renthal and I have a 15 tooth sprocket. I have had the chain since I bought the quad almost 9 years ago.. I have put alot of motor mods into it. The problem I have now is, the chain seems to have streched and the sprocket is getting worn in the wave pattern.... where the toothe itself resembles a wave from the side... The swingarm is adjusted all the way out and there is no more room to tighten it.. is this caused by a streched chain from the increase in power? or is it something else? Thanks in advance!

a strectched chain will cause extremely fast wear on the rear sprocket. I just went through this with 1 of my bikes. The chain was relatively new, only a few rides, but it started eating rear sprockets. Im talking fast like 2 tanks of fuel. Replaced the chain and life was good again. I am contributing it to a bad chain from the factory. The bike makes power but not enough to do something crazy like that.