New Guy

Judge1

New to Banshee HQ I have been lurking in the corner getting some good info off this site! I am planning a build this winter. New pc'd frame,bearings, seals, brake lines etc.... My question is what do I want to be sure is done when I get a port job? What does port duration refer to? Case matched Port? Chamfer? The guy I bought this from said it was a new top end with only heat cycles on motor. Comp is 170 don't know dome size. I have maybe 10 hours on bike now so i am hoping I can get port job without putting a new top end in. On a second note I have a +4 swinger that looks cool but handles like a dog. If I get port work done will I regret going shorter? Thanx :yank:

i can be sure if you send it to any of the site sponsors, they will be sure that you will have everything done right.you just have to let them know your riding style.length of your swingarm will also depend on your riding style.+4 is a all around good length

You can def dune/trail with a plus 4 swinger and the rite shock set-up,having to rebore after port work is always decided after checking clearances.If your piston/cylinder clearance is off piston rings(new)can restore compression but will not last long and could cause more damage than its worth.There is nothing like a tight hole.Whoever does the port work will be able to steer you rite