not right!

banshee lad

okay bought a banshee recently, was rebuilt 10hours ago so i was told?

now the carb on the left side leaks petrol/oil and both sides hav petrol mix coming from the overflow when it is running!

lately its been takin a lot more kicks to get it started and sometimes it starts first kick?

today wud not start no matter how hard i tried there is a good strong spark!

im getting a compression tester but i think its ok!

also after i left it for a while 2day i got it started and there is oil all around the pipe were it comes out of the head and when i rev it it more comes out and smoke

is this normal and any ideas about the carb?

cheers.....

I imagine the left carb is leaking out of the bowl? Just tightening might work or you'll need a new gasket. And if its spitting gas out the overflow of both carbs, you need to adjust your floats. And sounds like you need a new o ring on the exhaust flange..

tanx :)

yeah i tightned it up havent taken it apart yet still leaking dont really like messin with the carb too much nt very gd with them :L

tanx :)

yeah i tightned it up havent taken it apart yet still leaking dont really like messin with the carb too much nt very gd with them :L

If you don't have a clymer's manual, get one. You're banshee will love you for it.

And as someone said, whack the bowls lightly with a screwdriver handle might free up the floats if theyre stuck..

As to the carbs there is really nothing to them, they are simple, just have a clean area to work with as there are some small parts that are easy to lose.

Definetly pull your carbs apart and inspect- clean them, make sure the floats are good, put a kit(with a needle and seat) in them, set the float level and you shoild be set. Make sure the choke tube between the 2 carbs is installed. Also, only take one carb apart at a time as the float bowls are different between the two carbs, and you don't want to mix them up.

Definetly pull your carbs apart and inspect- clean them, make sure the floats are good, put a kit(with a needle and seat) in them, set the float level and you shoild be set. Make sure the choke tube between the 2 carbs is installed. Also, only take one carb apart at a time as the float bowls are different between the two carbs, and you don't want to mix them up.

How are the bowls different? They look exactly the same.....?