4 mil jetting

04chase

going to glamis this weekend and think my jetting may be a bit off

i have a 4 mil cub , mildish port work done by hjr ( mild /aggressive) 39mm pwk carb's , v force 3's shearer in frame pipes . runs on gas.

jets are currently 165's and im having a slight bog right before i hit the powerband . once its hits it pulls nice. i am currently at 750 feet above sea level i will be riding @ about 250-300 so it may lean out a bit . just wondering if its possibly my pilot jets . i know i have the stock pilots in there that came with the 39mm pwks. any one have any experience with this type of setup?

ceg needle,170 main,50 pilot with the a/f screw 1/2 turn out.that main will be alittle rich but if you are going to hit olds hill any it will be safe

how would i know what needle i have ? i know it hasnt been changed , kind of sucks we are leaving tomorrow and the only pplace i can think of that may have that is inland .

i know 180 is to much . i know last time out i had a bit of popping up the hill with the 170's and i went up a size and it got worse so i think i was a bit fat so im using the 165's . im going to try 160's out there if its not good with what i have now but i think the mains should be ok just the pilots and needles need some attention.

I bought the whole set up off jeff at fast ,39 pwk +7 timing race gas unported cub he told me 2 start at 185s,55.After break in with full 1/4 mile chop I ended up at 180 but 1/4 is a long hall.You can run it a lil leaner on short distances,Every bike is diffrent I just know glamis is sea level or close and so am I

going to glamis this weekend and think my jetting may be a bit off

i have a 4 mil cub , mildish port work done by hjr ( mild /aggressive) 39mm pwk carb's , v force 3's shearer in frame pipes . runs on gas.

jets are currently 165's and im having a slight bog right before i hit the powerband . once its hits it pulls nice. i am currently at 750 feet above sea level i will be riding @ about 250-300 so it may lean out a bit . just wondering if its possibly my pilot jets . i know i have the stock pilots in there that came with the 39mm pwks. any one have any experience with this type of setup?

I think the pwks come with a 62 pilot. i would try a 50~52.

i have almost same set up as you: drag port 4mm cub, 175 mains, CEL needle middle clip, 52 pilots and 2 turns out on air screws.

you can tell what needles you have by pulling them out and there will be a (3) letter designation on the blunt end.