Which shocks are best for the money...

Ready2ROLL

First, Hello to everyone I'm new to the banshee world. I just got an 03 banshee with T5 pipes on it. I was wondering which Shocks would work the best without having to break my wallet in a million pieces. I know shocks are expensive but I'm willing to go used if you recommend it and don't think its a bad idea. Well you guys have the knowledge so please! help me out here.

PD: Oh and I forgot this it might be important I'm thinking into getting wider A-arms, extended swing arm and wider axle too...

PD2: I'm only going to ride in the sand also... I think that was an important point

Edited by Ready2ROLL

I ride trails desert and dunes and i just bought a marvin shaw coilover for the rear.. everyone told me they were no good for what i do but i couldnt resist the price and service... best rear shock i have EVER had on any quad.(ive only ridden stock shocks tho haha). pretty cheap (compaired to elkas or works) and good quality.. plus they set it up for my weight and riding style and valved it perfect.. marvinshawshocks.com i think is ther website... i see a lot of draggers with them and strictly dune banshees but i put it to the test riding 70miles vegas to prim and back and rode like a cadilac.

ive been running the same set of elkas now for about 8 years. i bought them brand new and they were one of the best investments ive ever made. they make the bike ride totaly different. i also have +2/+1 arms as well.

before you buy shocks, you really should go ahead and think about what front end you want to run. buy shocks for the correct length of a-arm.

you can usually find some used elkas every now and then. be on the look out. i just bought a used rear elka in good shape for $400.

by the way, welcome to HQ. dont be afraid to ask if you need anything. :cheers:

First, Hello to everyone I'm new to the banshee world. I just got an 03 banshee with T5 pipes on it. I was wondering which Shocks would work the best without having to break my wallet in a million pieces. I know shocks are expensive but I'm willing to go used if you recommend it and don't think its a bad idea. Well you guys have the knowledge so please! help me out here.

PD: Oh and I forgot this it might be important I'm thinking into getting wider A-arms, extended swing arm and wider axle too...

PD2: I'm only going to ride in the sand also... I think that was an important point

axis