lockup or hydraulic clutch with heavy springs? help me pick!

lt1bird

Whats the opinion on this? Im building a 485, I ran a lockup on my last 535 and it seemed to work fine. ....Using new stock springs...

on the new engineive got a stcok side cover on the 485...Was planing on a slingshot lockup but now I might change. The slingshot looks so darn heavy!!!! Im not sure about all that weight having to spin up during accelleration.

So now im thinking heavy springs and a hydraulic clutch. Looking for folks who have done either way to post up about their setup! Need help choosing :) Thanks boys!

Heavy springs wont hold a motor that size for long.. Once the springs start to loose tension.. it'll slip..

You wont notice any difference in accleration with a slingshot. That minimum amount of added mass wont be noticed.

I didn't notice anything switching from a DD style to a slingshot...

Thats what I was affraid of.... spending cash on the hydrauilc and the heavy springs still not holding.... I have heard bad things about the hydraulic clutch...Was hoping it was only a few folks here and there..

Where do you get the slingshot. I hear vito's has one too...Any diffrence between the two...quality or function wise?

The magura hydraulic clutch I had on my raptor seemed like it didn't have enough travel. The slave cylinder physically did. It would ethire not release the clutch all the way, and not slip while riding. Or it would release the clutch, and slip while riding. I tried moving the clutch arm on the splined shaft, and spacing the slave cylinger differently but I couldn't get it to work.

It is like it needed a master cylinder that pumped a larger volume of fluid to get the slave cylinder to travel farther. Or make a shorter clutch arm so it didn't have to travel as far.

Get you a good asv c5 lever with a pro pearch it will be just as smooth.