Time for Pistons & Rings?

forrest411

I had a bog right off idle so I took off the carbs cleaned them out checked all the settings, sync'd, and adjusted the airscrews. Still I slight bog, but not as bad. Here's the question. If I let it idle for a few seconds and them pop the throttle I get excess white smoke out of the left pipe. Also if I put my hand behind the exhaust at idle the left side doesn't really have much of a pop to it at all, compared to the right side. Any thoughts? I just traded my YZ450 for this and think I got taken! BUt it's mine now and it has to run right.

i would check your head for leaks cause ussally white smoke = water in the cylenders..... if it was to rich i would believe it would black or blue colored exhaust with to much oil and fuel atleast thats how it works with most engines i have seen..... never seen a engine that was too rich that burned white exhaust due to bein to rich.... i bet it is water leaking in there somewhere... another thing you can look into if your head is fine you could have a water jacket cracked in the jugs causing water to leak into your cylenders