need help starts fine dies when you hit the gas

jay793

Ive been working on my buddies banshee and cant figure this problem out. It fires up first or second kick every time, but as soon as you hit the gas it dies out. If you get it running it runs fine and stays that way until you let it sit for a couple days then it does it again. I cleaned the carbs at least 4 or 5 times, checked the pick up on the flywheel and adjusted with a business card,changed the pilots around and found nothing. Its at 320 mains, 27.5 pilots, third clip on needle and two turns out on a/f screw. It has fmf fattys stock carbs w/o torrs, pods on carbs, and a mild port job.any help would be great.

Edited by jay793

Ive been working on my buddies banshee and cant figure this problem out. It fires up first or second kick every time, but as soon as you hit the gas it dies out. If you get it running it runs fine and stays that way until you let it sit for a couple days then it does it again. I cleaned the carbs at least 4 or 5 times, checked the pick up on the flywheel and adjusted with a business card,changed the pilots around and found nothing. Its at 320 mains, 27.5 pilots, third clip on needle and two turns out on a/f screw. It has fmf fattys stock carbs w/o torrs, pods on carbs, and a mild port job.any help would be great.

Idk if this will help but all the times ive helped people work on their quads that have had the problem of starting up fine, but as soon as you hit the gas it dies. it has been the needle jet clip is either broken or the needle jet is sticking in the seat.

Has anyone adjusted the air mixture screws since it's gotten cooler? If not, try turning them in 1/4-1/2 turn, and see if that helps any.

Thanks for the reply, Ive tryed a few diffrent settings but I guess i should let it sit a day or so before i count that out. so far I went from one turn out thru two and a half turns out.

umm, is it cool there? that's absolutely normal for the first minuet or more on a cold motor. that's the time you warm it up on the choke, and finish putting your gear on. it should go back to normal when it warms up. i would check the mains if it has cooled off lately.