Paddle tire recommendations

Shawn R

Ok, so I did the search function and could not find the info for what I am looking for. I am looking to see if I need to get a different paddle setup since my recent rebuild. Heres what I got and looking for some opinions. I ride with the family, do some hill shooting and drags. I ride the Oregon dunes. My current setup: 4 mil stroke, 72mm super cub, cleanup port, 35mm PWK carbs, K&N pod filters, v-force3 reeds, lockup clutch, geared down one tooth in front, shearer in frame pipes with cascade silencers. +6 swingarm, running right now 9 paddle extreme 22x11x8 72" roll out Bead to bead. Motor built by Cameron at Redline racing in Sweet Home. I am a bigger guy around 250 so I know that is needed for the equation. So what do you guys think and thanks for the input.

Ok, so I did the search function and could not find the info for what I am looking for. I am looking to see if I need to get a different paddle setup since my recent rebuild. Heres what I got and looking for some opinions. I ride with the family, do some hill shooting and drags. I ride the Oregon dunes. My current setup: 4 mil stroke, 72mm super cub, cleanup port, 35mm PWK carbs, K&N pod filters, v-force3 reeds, lockup clutch, geared down one tooth in front, shearer in frame pipes with cascade silencers. +6 swingarm, running right now 9 paddle extreme 22x11x8 72" roll out Bead to bead. Motor built by Cameron at Redline racing in Sweet Home. I am a bigger guy around 250 so I know that is needed for the equation. So what do you guys think and thanks for the input.

I'd do a 22x11x8 10-11 paddle extreme b2b buff. Your weight and the +6 will make those bike pretty good. 9's will work, and give you some spin, the 10's or 11's would hook up better out of the hole and on the tree shoots. I ran 9's on my 4mil stock cyl dune bike and was really happy with how they performed.

JMO

- Jared

If your hitting up the tree shots at Florence, Coos Bay or Whincester I would go with a 10 paddle super lite sls that way you can still have a little bit of tire spin in the trees, yet still be competitive when racing at the hill. I'm 290 and on my 4 mil I ran 10 paddle with a 13-41 gearing and loved it for an all the round set-up, it let me have some wheel spin when I got into some real steep or new tree shots to help keep the front end down. But a 11 or 12 paddle would work to, its all in the set up, it just might make the front a little light.