Nitrous jetting

505chevelle

If I remember correctly, it's a 4 jet spread for gas, 8 jet spread for methanol.

On timing, 20 shot (total) or less, leave the timing the same as you would an all engine pass. Every 10 more hp you go up after 20, retard the timing 1 degree. (i.e. 30 shot - retard 1 degree, 40 shot - 2 degrees, and so on...)

This was how I ran mine and it worked great. The recommendations I received came straight from nitrous express.

Not to ruin your thread, but i am wanting to throw a bottle on my 421 cub. What is the cheapest/ easiest way to throw a kit together? I have no experience with nitrous at all so i need a list of al the parts needed. Any help would be awsome!

The cheapest way I have seen, If you are starting with nothing, is to buy a twin cylinder kit from Dynotune nitrous. We have used these kits on YFZ450's and 700 raptor's with great success. Single nozzle kit of course on those. I am going to use some spare solenoids from my car stuff and a couple of NOS stainless nozzles, buy a pump and bottle from Dyno tune, already bought a rectifier/regulator to charge a battery and hook it all up with a arm switch and a full throttle switch. Here is a link to the twin cylinder kit from Dyno tune...

My link

Not to ruin your thread, but i am wanting to throw a bottle on my 421 cub. What is the cheapest/ easiest way to throw a kit together? I have no experience with nitrous at all so i need a list of al the parts needed. Any help would be awsome!

Pick up a kit, it's cheapest that way. If you piece it together, you'll spend more on individual parts, assuming you're buying new. I highly recommend getting a fuel safety switch to go with your kit, a purge kit is also a good investment IMO

Before spraying your bike, I highly recommend talking to someone who is familiar with nitrous and what to expect...it can be a blast in a good way or bad, really quick, LOL

• 2 weeks later...

What kind of fuel pressures are you starting at with a 4 jet spread? I assume on this stuff you leave the F.P. and change the spead because of no regulator?

Chris, let me know how you end up with your tune-up and how it works out! Kinda interesting to say the least.

Will do Justin, Everythings coming along good. Got everything mounted up tonight. I plan on flowing the fuel out of the pump, to see what pressure it has, then jet accordingly. The pump is rated to 4-7 psi. I hope to have it done in the next few days and makes some hits on it.

• 2 weeks later...