Banshee kick locked up

I have an 89 banshee freshly rebuilt. I rode it for about 15 mins after the rebuild. It died and when i went to kick it, the kick start was locked up. I took the cover off the side and the engine turns over freely but my kick start is still stuck. Any ideas?

which side did you take off,clutch or flywheel?sounds like its something to do with your kicker gear or clutch basket

which side did you take off,clutch or flywheel?sounds like its something to do with your kicker gear or clutch basket

i took both sides off. I turned it over on the flywheel side with a wrench and it moved freely. then i looked at my clutch basket and my kick start gear and they seem to be in tack nothing is busted or cracked. It looks the same as when it worked. I'm afraid to try and pull start it because i dont want to mess anything else up and create a bigger issue.

hey i just had the same problem ,mine was that the clip with the nipple on it broke and got jammed i would check that out does the shaft with the spring and gear slide out? if you look at a diagram ut should be #3

Edited by 00sheerzr