How hard should a 4 mill run?

crustydemon

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really thought it was the pickup. After hearing you have the box still on my next guess is your way fat on your jetting. I can tell you before I ran my cub I ran a 350 dragport with pods 148main 42pilot with the cel needles with trinity pipes. Im at 900ft. What was your jetting before you switched to the 4mill? Did you run those cylinders and have them reported for the added stroke?

Im pushing 160 and the end on my compression gauge isnt as long as the spark plug threads so I figure 165.

Before this I had stock carbs, non ported cylinders. These are ported for the stroke.

If Im rich why are my plugs dry and white

Im pushing 160 and the end on my compression gauge isnt as long as the spark plug threads so I figure 165.

Before this I had stock carbs, non ported cylinders. These are ported for the stroke.

If Im rich why are my plugs dry and white

I cant really anwser that.All I can tell you to do is go up and down till you find some improvement. 165 imo is running the ragged edge for pump gas. Im not there looking at your bike so im not going to say lean it out or this or that.

..and is the shrade valve @ the tip of the hose, too. you may be off by more than 5psi, if you figure that 1cc will give 10-15 psi, or more. i would just try bumoping the octane to 95 or more and see what happens, and get your getting rich, as lean will cause deto, just by itself.

..and is the shrade valve @ the tip of the hose, too. you may be off by more than 5psi, if you figure that 1cc will give 10-15 psi, or more. i would just try bumoping the octane to 95 or more and see what happens, and get your getting rich, as lean will cause deto, just by itself.

The valve is at the very end of the hose(threaded end) and its a good Mac tester but the threads are just not as long as the plug threads,about half I would say. I do have an adapter with the right length threads from another tester with no valve in it so my valve will be up more and would probably just equal out. I'll try 50/50 race gas tomorrow and see what that does.

Like a dumb ass I bought another one today, a 99 in really good shape. It was too good of a deal to pass up. I'm going to try to figure out that Photobucket thing so I can get some pics up and maybe post some of the plugs if good gas doesnt do it.

It revs clean, no sputter or popping or anything, just low reving. I wouldnt even say it pulls hard till mid but not too bad,its hard to say because I have to shift so soon to keep it in what power it has. Its like its falling flat right before where I think it should be getting on the pipe and taking off. I would guess its my jetting but I have made so many changes to this bike all at once I dont know. Ive read that someone had problems with there pickup being too far away from the flywheel but I dont see how thats even adjustable. :unsure:

The bottom hole on the pickup is slotted for adjustment

Pickup gap is set. Thanks.

I'm draining the gas tomorrow and doing a 50/50 mix . The highest octane non ethanol pump gas I can get close is 92. I think I have 87 in it now. I think that will do it, If not I'll just go full high test. I miss the days when pump gas was good, Fuck the EPA!

Id be running at least premo pump gas/91 or 92 oct, some sunocos have 93 .

I wish we had a Sunoco here,we use to have alot of them, my dad ran a DX/Sunoco station for over 35 years, way before Sunoco was a household name to most people. Had to shut down because of leaky tanks when I was about 16 and it was the last one in the area.

I agree with the above. You really need avgas imo or 50/50 with 92 and 110 or simlar.You should beable to get 100ll at your nearest airport. I wouldnt even consider putting 87 in my shee I dont care if it had 125psi better safe then sorry.

Edited by RILS