Stuck Throttle

ZRD1221

Ok here's the scoop. So I Rebuilt my whole quad and she is running great. Execpt for a few things, any help will be appricated.

1) When I get her real wet (haha) the throttle tends to stick and boy that has shed some years off my life.

2) She wont idle strong, now i have my T.O.R.S removed and i've attempted to adjust the pilot air screw with no success, Im thinking the jetting maybe a resync.

3) This kind of goes with #2, when im in first she kinda struggles then when i get to about 3/4 throttle she takes off, Like before im thinking jetting and a resync.

The important one right now is number 1 I went riding and it happend 5 or 6 times. Any advice is appriciated.

sounds like mabee you dont have your slides in right first make sure the beveled side of the slide is facing the air box side of the carb and make sure the hole in the top of the carb isnt covered by the cable holder if it is then turn the holder around

Its a complete T.O.R.S removal new cables caps and all. I was thinking it was just the water making it stick. Yup the slides are in the right way and there is good throttle free play. Thanks for the advice.

Did you install the Idle screws on the side of the carbs? You have to drill/tap and them.

did you cut 3/16" or 5mm off the nipple that you tapped for the airscrew? you need to do that or it won't lift the screw far enough.

first, start checking sealing areas, such as the rubber seal under the carb caps, intake seal around the carb, you can scuff the carb with sand paper/emmery cloth, or scotch brite, to help sealing. chech the choke tube to make sure it's not cracked, rotten and seals on the carb nipples. you can pull the cable sheath back and add grease or vaseline to where it sits in the adjuster, to help keep the waqter out.

now, time to sync......begain by backing the idle screws out to let the slides bottom out in the carbs with verry little to no slack, but they must hit the bottom. adjust the cables so that they hit simotaniously. next, raise the slides with the idle screws 1&3/4 turns from when they touch the slides and set the airscrews @ 1&1/2 turns from seated and you are ready to fire it up and readjust once warmmed up.

it should start and idle a little high, but healthy, if your pilots are correct. once you are sure the engine is good and hot to operating temp, begain adjusting the airscrews, 1/4 turn @ a time in or out, the same oneach side, allowing 10-20 seconds for the engine to adjust to the different mixture. once it has reached the highest idle with the mixture, you can bring the idle down to where you want it.

next, you re-sync while it's still running......go to your exhaust and feel the pressure and pulse. if one side is firing smoothly, and the other side has a miss, adjust the airscrew on that carb only, no more than 1/8 turn before waiting for it to catch up, but it should smooth out in real time. if one has weaker pressure coming out, raise that side idle screw untill it is even in pressures, but you may have to fine tune that airscrew, or may not.

now, turn both airscrews in 1/4 turn and make sure it's still firing evenly. and high enough.

and last, go back to the cable adjusters and make sure they both lift off the idle screws at the same time and you should be running smooth both @ and just off-idle.

before fully syncing, you should already have your mains and needles dialed in