Chat Room Upgrades

Looks like the Chat will be getting a major overhaul on October 28. Expect some down time.

AddonChat version 8.5 will continue to provide you and your users with the same rich feature set available in the current release, along with many exciting new features and improvements including:

* New, Multi-Line WYSIWYG Editor with Word Wrap

* New Customizable Settings, Icons, and User Group Privileges

* High Performance Chat Display Engine - Nearly 10x Faster!

* Customizable Away Modes & Icons

* Easily Set Chat Room Topics

* New Admininstrative Features, including Room Transfer, and Screen Clearing

* Recent Room History will now store up to 100 Messages for one week

* Multiple Time Zone Support

* All Editions of AddonChat will now be Firewall Friendly

* Enhanced Text Replacement Engine Featuring Phrase and Regular Expression Matching

* Enhanced User Group Permissions with customizable user list icons.

* User Group Ranks permit you to define a setting for each usergroup for finer control of room access.

* Lots of new Features for our Advanced Users, including access to direct settings, updates to remote functions, and new applet parameters

* New Security Features, Performance Improvements, Bug Fixes and Minor Updates

* ... and much more!

fuckin A. For some of us that live in the chat room this will be good, Hopefully we can get rid of the white in there too.

i really dont know what all this will entail, but its sounds like itll be a lot better..

hell ya man, i cant wait, i really like the new skin on the main forum page, i wonder if you can do that skin everywhere, damn im coming to this site more often just because of the skin lol :cheers:

the new skin should show up everywhere in the forums. do you have BansheeHQ Carbon selected from the drop down menu below?

i really dont know what all this will entail, but its sounds like itll be a lot better..

the new skin should show up everywhere in the forums. do you have BansheeHQ Carbon selected from the drop down menu below?

Rubberneck is talking about the white background behind the text in the chat room. Before we used to be able to choose a color background. We are all hoping the new update lets us do that again.

hell yah, would be nice to have the text field, border, user, text, etc colr choices back..............it sais you can give different groups levels of priveledge..........will premium members be able to create or have their own room?......more incentive for sign-up, ;)