Carbs are WAY out of sync

blaster2006

Hey, just checked to see if my carbs are in sync, and they are WAY out of it. If i push the throttle just abit the left carb's slide moves and the other carb's slide does not move at all. So i tried tightening the big silver screw on the TORS for the carb that was not moving at low throttle( the right side carb)as much as icould till it wouldnt let me tighten it any more. And it still would not move up at low throttle and the other carb would. So i then loosened the other carb alot, and it still would go up on low throttle before the other carb that i tightened to the max its screw.

Any help here?

Hey, just checked to see if my carbs are in sync, and they are WAY out of it. If i push the throttle just abit the left carb's slide moves and the other carb's slide does not move at all. So i tried tightening the big silver screw on the TORS for the carb that was not moving at low throttle( the right side carb)as much as icould till it wouldnt let me tighten it any more. And it still would not move up at low throttle and the other carb would. So i then loosened the other carb alot, and it still would go up on low throttle before the other carb that i tightened to the max its screw.

Any help here?

The large screw on the back of the TORS are the idle screws so they will not change your sync. It really sounds like either the cable needs help or replaced, or the cables on the tops of the TORS have come out of the adjusters or something. Just try to push the cables down into the TORS. You will see the adjusters right at the end of the cables. They simply set the slack of the cable for each one.

It is important that you back the idle screws all the way out when starting wtih your sync. They are probably way off..

Brandon

Mull Engineering

The large screw on the back of the TORS are the idle screws so they will not change your sync. It really sounds like either the cable needs help or replaced, or the cables on the tops of the TORS have come out of the adjusters or something. Just try to push the cables down into the TORS. You will see the adjusters right at the end of the cables. They simply set the slack of the cable for each one.

It is important that you back the idle screws all the way out when starting wtih your sync. They are probably way off..

Brandon

Mull Engineering

yeah, they are like 3 different nuts by where the cable connects to the TORS, what way do i spin which one to make it to raise/ lower the slides?

You can remove the inspection plate on the side of the TORS boxes to check the internal cabling. They commonly fray when they fail. The TORS system really does not have as many issues as they are blamed for but it could have been a better design..

B