ice racing guidance

mason07shee

I want to try out ice taking and was wondering what I need to race competitivly.

My bike is a bolt on 07 banshee with sheares, carbontech reeds and potted cages.noss cool head 20 cc dome, +5 on the timing, and no tors with 15 41 gearing. It also has a gforce axel, + 3+1 wikid arms and works tripple rates with rezzis

Razor 1s out back and 2's up front. Wht else do I need ... New tires ..nerfs ... Etc

Any help would be great

You gonna race studded or bare tire? Oval or TT type course.

It is 1/2 mile oval studded ... Sorry I wasent thinking .

I am going to build a 4mm soon. I am hoping I have enough power right now to hang with the other guys. And they also have a mile long track once a year.

I started racing a banshee last year I cut a stock swing arms down. Picked up a swaybar thanks to this forum, lowered it front and rear. I could use a shaved seat. I also changed gearing. I just spin out a little to much on the starts. I will be changing studding in the rear this season.

I am wondering about the porting people are using and where did you get the sway bar and how much are they?

.... Is it worth studying my razors or should I buy new ones? Do you need nerf bars? If any body wants to post anything about there setup or pics that will help alot

I am wondering about the porting people are using and where did you get the sway bar and how much are they?

.... Is it worth studying my razors or should I buy new ones? Do you need nerf bars? If any body wants to post anything about there setup or pics that will help alot

If you want to be competitive you need the Cheng Shin C826 Ice Racing Tire. If your interested i have two rear sets for sale, both like new! Put them on late feb. and used for two races. I have the 18" and 20" set ups. Both have AMA legal pro kold kutter screws. These tires are the ones to beat! Will get you the holeshot, and even on a banshee! They hook HARD!!!

if you dont have nerfs a guy could wipp his rear end into you and rip your leg up or your pegs could freez up with snow and ice and your leg slips off catches the tire and your done... tires are as described above... sway bar is not a must... lowering is a good idea aslong with a shortend swingarm.. i raced with a dune port and it ripped.. i now have a 4mill and im waiting for the ice 2 freeze... o and a few studds in the fronts is a good idea aswell..

if you dont have nerfs a guy could wipp his rear end into you and rip your leg up or your pegs could freez up with snow and ice and your leg slips off catches the tire and your done... tires are as described above... sway bar is not a must... lowering is a good idea aslong with a shortend swingarm.. i raced with a dune port and it ripped.. i now have a 4mill and im waiting for the ice 2 freeze... o and a few studds in the fronts is a good idea aswell..

i will have to look again but im allmost positive that cold kutters are not permitted in this series its some other brand. this is good advice guys i will have to get a new set of tires i allready have an r6 shock but need nerfs and a new swing arm thanks guys

Razr fronts are good to stud up but the rears are to soft. I use chen shin rears but I only put one stud in each knob, I wish I would have doubled a few knobbys up. I use a R6 shock and really like it.

4010730482_74ef72e2fc_o.jpg

Right on man keep it coming this is the stuff I need to know I have to test my compression tonight it might be top end time. Are you able to be competitive without a swaybar for a race or two?

You can have all the power in the world, If you can't get that power to the ice, you might run in the back of the pack. The swaybar really helps out. I raced for a year without one and just tied my suspension down. I have a trail port and I run stock arms for now I also run ebay stud spacers. I would like to get a 4 mil crank soon. I will post pics when I am done with this years set up.

Most organized ice racing will require nerfs and a tether kill switch. Get your quad as wide as the rules allow and drop it down a couple inches. If you want to be competitive you are gonna need a sway bar, otherwise you will spend most of your time on 2 wheels and that can get scary.

I've got a couple sway bars for sale if your interested. http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=121976