Welding FMF fattys?

Smokestack

I have a couple cracks in mine too im about to weld up, i have a small mig but will use the torch, i can make that look just like a tig B)

too thin for flux core? are you nuts? just need to adjust it. the little lincoln weldpack 100 i have is only used for that thin gauge steel with flux core. i can not only pull the dent and zip the crack, but fill the blowthrough, then resurface it for plating or painting. a nice mig like the miller 251 with small wire would be alot nicer and quicker without having to clen up so much spatter. if you can weld @ all, just go to a metal yard ad buy some srap of the same thickness to practice technique. turn your speed up and move with it untill it stabs back and then go back down. make sure the polarity is set for gasless, and you have a good ground, too. weld outside with good ventalation, and don't huff the fumes

most flux core wires run way too hot to do thin metal. its mostly used for structural steel thats 1/2" thick minimum. anything thinner than that you would be better using mig or tig, but weld inside out of the wind because those use shielding gasses to keep your welds from developing porosity and cracks. tig would be your best bet to weld pipes.

most flux core wires run way too hot to do thin metal. its mostly used for structural steel thats 1/2" thick minimum. anything thinner than that you would be better using mig or tig, but weld inside out of the wind because those use shielding gasses to keep your welds from developing porosity and cracks. tig would be your best bet to weld pipes.

if you use a .035 or smaller fluxcore you can weld it with that, thats what i use on everything, i have welded some realy thin stuff with it like re welding a cannopy frame you just have to know how to work it and you will probly have to spot weld it, i have welded on all sorts of auto body, and exhaust with mine. you just got to know when to roll em, know when to fold em and know when to walk away befor stuff starts flying across the room :headbang:

Edited by Tator

if you use a .035 or smaller fluxcore you can weld it with that, thats what i use on everything, i have welded some realy thin stuff with it like re welding a cannopy frame you just have to know how to work it and you will probly have to spot weld it, i have welded on all sorts of auto body, and exhaust with mine. you just got to know when to roll em, know when to fold em and know when to walk away befor stuff starts flying across the room :headbang:

X2......i used my 100 to weld up my canopy frame and it could barely keep up. the 125 can do 3/8" all day long, and 1/2" @ a much lower duty cycle. you could make a patch out of 12-14 gauge, and weld the edge. you can just watch as you are welding on the patch, and it will weld into the ajoining thinner pipe. just move in small bead sections to keep the heat down. i do it all the time