Question about stator and bottom end

shogs

I recently just bought a used stator for my banshee since my old one stopped working and I had to splice 6 wires. I was wondering what the easiest/most reliable and affordable thing to do is because I know i'm gonna have a problem in the near future if I don't fix it. I couldn't get the plug cap off without breaking the wire so I just spliced them. Also I'm considering sending my bottom end to kevin herr or fast for some shift mods and crank welding. I was wondering if anyone had a rough estimate of what it would cost to send my bottom end from VA to CA, have some shift mods done, and get my crank welded. Obviously if any bearings or seals needed to be replaced I'd do that now as well. I'd call the builder myself but I know there busy right now and am just now starting to consider sending it out. Also if you have any opinions on what I should have done please let me know.

If you have a grinder and a dremel, you can mod your own shaft and star. If your going to weld a stock crank, first make sure your rod bearings are nice and tight. No sense in welding a crank that is close to worn out. About your stator, are you saying that you just got rid of the plugs and spliced them together? If thats the case, it should work ok, but when you need to take the motor out of the bike, you will have to cut them again. You could get some male and female connectors (good ones), and put them on instead.

If you have a grinder and a dremel, you can mod your own shaft and star. If your going to weld a stock crank, first make sure your rod bearings are nice and tight. No sense in welding a crank that is close to worn out. About your stator, are you saying that you just got rid of the plugs and spliced them together? If thats the case, it should work ok, but when you need to take the motor out of the bike, you will have to cut them again. You could get some male and female connectors (good ones), and put them on instead.

I kept the plug but had to splice the wires because my new stator wasn't long enough and I couldn't get the wires out of the connector/plug. So I just used my old stator wires and spliced them so I had more wire to work with. Also if anyone sent out there bottom end for mods or has a ballpark estimate on what'd it cost i'd appreciate it. I don't plan on splitting the cases myself.