cant pull 6th gear

Hubcap

Well topic kind of sums it up.

Ever since Ive gotten it ported i havent been able to find the right jetting. I started with 150 main jet and CEL needle 4th clip.

From 1/4 throttle to max full throttle it bogs and dies. 152 main jet tad bit better. 155 main a bit better than 152.

Took it up on a slight incline not much at all on dirt, hit 5th kinda wants to bog but stays in powerband barely, at full throttle. 6th gear it just bogs kinda have to keep pullin the clutch in to get some wheel spin to get it going. So i guess the question is how many sizes should i go up on the main go for 162 then work down? Or start a bit higher? here are the mods/altitude

Fresh bore. good psi 145 both jugs.

HJR dune/hill port

20cc domes/HJR head

CT Racing Pipes

Noss intake w/built in crossover

34mm PJ's no air box 10" pods 50 pilot // 155 main // CEL needle 4th clip // air screw 2 turns out

Altitude 2800-2900ft

Temp 70-80's

Any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated

Well topic kind of sums it up.

Ever since Ive gotten it ported i havent been able to find the right jetting. I started with 150 main jet and CEL needle 4th clip.

From 1/4 throttle to max full throttle it bogs and dies. 152 main jet tad bit better. 155 main a bit better than 152.

Took it up on a slight incline not much at all on dirt, hit 5th kinda wants to bog but stays in powerband barely, at full throttle. 6th gear it just bogs kinda have to keep pullin the clutch in to get some wheel spin to get it going. So i guess the question is how many sizes should i go up on the main go for 162 then work down? Or start a bit higher? here are the mods/altitude

Fresh bore. good psi 145 both jugs.

HJR dune/hill port

20cc domes/HJR head

CT Racing Pipes

Noss intake w/built in crossover

34mm PJ's no air box 10" pods 50 pilot // 155 main // CEL needle 4th clip // air screw 2 turns out

Altitude 2800-2900ft

Temp 70-80's

Any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated

you need bigger carbs! buy the time you work up to 5 and 6 gear your 34pjs cant keep up with your port job!

you need bigger carbs! buy the time you work up to 5 and 6 gear your 34pjs cant keep up with your port job!

i actually was gonna say the opposite.ive learned that the bigger carbs are only good for dragging.seems like u like hills.smaller carbs keep more pressure in cylinders from what ive been told.sounds like its just loading it up.dont know much about ct pipes.what kind of riding do you do?i know my bike acted the same way-i got a agg. trail/dune port with 4 mill and ride woods.had cpis and bogged my nuts off-switched to pro circuit platinums and already 100x better.putting 28mm or stockers back on to rip balls.i had 34mms on my motor.had to ditch that whole carb/pipe set-up.hope this helps.

I would say most my riding is in the dunes 85 percent or so and 15 percent trail riding. Yes i love shooting the hill on that note. Last time i went to the dunes i could barely pull 4th gear with the 150 main. once i hit the hill 6-7 times in a row got it nice and hot it would pull 4th no problem.

when in neutral engine will want to die when i go from 1/4 to full on wot. If i go slowly 1/4 to 1/2 good 1/2 to 3/4 good 3/4 to wot good.

Bigger Carbs /Sigh i just bought them darn things went from 30mm keihin PE to the 34 PJ's. A lot of peeps are running 34pj's with more mods than i have though. that why i was thinking main was to small.

whats the plug look like??

duz it backfire?

try the bigger jet 165? then work down

my gfs banshee near stocker (k&n filter) did the same when we brought it.. and i had to go from a 200 main jet to a 250 now it runs fine.. but the plug chop shows its a little lean.. putting pipes on it so ill rejet then :)

mine did the same thing had me stuffed.. then it was the stator ... RS...

Plug chop shows black but they are old plugs. Does not back fire, kicks over on first kick without using choke.

Ill try some 162's tomorrow and fresh plugs, i'll post what the findings are. Thanks for the replies.

Edited by Hubcap

Plug chop shows black but they are old plugs. Does not back fire, kicks over on first kick without using choke.

Ill try some 162's tomorrow and fresh plugs, i'll post what the findings are. Thanks for the replies.

you cant do a plug chop with old plugs

might want to read this :

http://bansheehq.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=13&Itemid=28

hopefully that helps :)

starting is normaly not ur main jetting (unless its blocked)

So i put the 162 main and put the CEL needle in third position, with fresh plugs. Did a 6th gear run pulled it hard. The only thing that scares me is the pipes were really hot, hotter than normal it seems. Still bogs a tiny bit and wants to die, when im not in the powerband (likes it starving for fuel when im at say 1/4 throttle then i go full on WOT) I Suppose i could work around that since its running alot better.

Take a look at the photo let me know what you guys think is it good?

Attached is the photo of the plug chop of the "New Plugs"

post-28061-12548655418102_thumb.jpg

So i put the 162 main and put the CEL needle in third position, with fresh plugs. Did a 6th gear run pulled it hard. The only thing that scares me is the pipes were really hot, hotter than normal it seems. Still bogs a tiny bit and wants to die, when im not in the powerband (likes it starving for fuel when im at say 1/4 throttle then i go full on WOT) I Suppose i could work around that since its running alot better.

Take a look at the photo let me know what you guys think is it good?

Attached is the photo of the plug chop of the "New Plugs"

if that was a true plug chop looks rich but if its running better...its better to be rich than lean.. maybe the pipes are only a little hotter due to the motor working with the porting thats been done?

id just drop a size down till the smoke ring is around the 2mm try 160s

Edited by GNR101