Motor crooked?

Smokestack

Hey guys. New guy with a 93 banshee alba edition. Its my first banshee so i have been here for about a week reading. Good stuff here. Anyhow i just bought this saturday. Just been cleaning it and looking what all it needs right now. Main question is the frame looks perfect. I know the motor mounts in front are missing a few bolts. As is most of this quad. Anyhow the left exhaust has smashed itself into the mount. Ripping a hole in the pipe. When looking at the carbs it looks as if the whole motor has moved to the left? The chain and sprockets line up though. So wasnt sure if its supposed to be like this or what. It has fmf fatty pipes on it if that helps. Once its daylight i will try and get some pics up. Previous owner wasnt much for maintaining this. SO got alot of work ahead of me. Does run good. Just seems to need carbs cleaned and synced. Anything else i should look for?

Just to clearify the bolts on the front mounts that are missing are the bottom bolts on both sides where it mounts to the frame. Everything seems like its aligned so im lost. Got up at 3am to wrench on this so i could try and make it to attica....but keep finding more and more wrong with it :shootself:

Sorry stupid cam wont work at all. But i did find that two bolts are broke in the frame. And the two that look like strap type mounts under the engine... are both missing the bolts going to the frame. I got alot of work ahead of me lol. Im going to try and buy another cam soon.

Edited by Smokestack

Sorry stupid cam wont work at all. But i did find that two bolts are broke in the frame. And the two that look like strap type mounts under the engine... are both missing the bolts going to the frame. I got alot of work ahead of me lol. Im going to try and buy another cam soon.

my personal opinion would be to break down the whole bike clean up the frame and order a bolt kit or what ever else u find u need during the break down. its the only way to get everything perfect

the motor is supposed to be a little more to the left. if you look, you will notice that the left carb is closer to the left pipe than the right carb is to the right pipe. dont worry, its normal. :D

however, as suggested, you should probly tear her down and replace all the bolts and everything else needed to complete her. would make for a great winter project!

The plan is to tear it down and redo it this winter. As long as i can keep from riding it lol. Its my first quad. Been a bike rider for years and always wanted one. Seems to run good. I just need to get the carbs right. And get a compression tester. Just seems to be missing alot of bolts lol. But anyhow...thanks for the info guys.

Ok just got a new cam. Hope these dont show huge lol. 100_2156.jpg

100_2157.jpg

100_2158.jpg

100_2159.jpg

100_2160.jpg

100_2160.jpg

Im sure the crooked motor i had is from the mounts. Just wanted to post what i could so you guys could say if i had a real alba and what else is done to it lol. Sorry for all the pics guys. Just wanna know what i have :confused:

Oh and tried to get a pic of the pipe where it was smashed into the mount. Its got a decent dent and hole in it now :angry: Not sure if they can be welded or what :( But its my first quad coming from bikes...so im just glad to have it. And yes i know its been painted a million times :lol:. Cant wait to strip it and redo the whole bike. Also should i cut the fenders? I really like the look of the cut ones. I dunno

Also been messing with the carbs alot. It starts on the first kick with no choke. Everytime. Doesnt matter if it sits all day or for 2 days. Right now the screws are out 2 full turns. Any suggestions on a starting point? It has no bottom end...and no real power band. Just smooth until it revs to the moon. I havent really rode it much other than around the house. If i turn it in any more it revs out. Doesnt seem to help much. In more seems to make it worse. Air leak maybe?

Ok im finally able to ride this thing...going tomorrow. So anyhow. I cleaned the carbs. One carb top is stripped. Was sucking air like crazy. I used teflon tape for a temp fix. Im sure i need to get new carbs and just rebuild this thing. Both carbs were filled with mud and stuff. I mean i was shocked it even ran. The reeds look dirty even. So im sure my compression is going to be way low. She runs..and starts. So im going to run it tomorrow just to do it.

None of you shee masters have chimed in yet. So..... It ran good. Wide the hell open. That was the only way shee wanted to run. I forgot all my screwdrivers or course :shootself:. Was a bad trip the whole day. Anyhow once i got home the air screw is 5 turns out banghead...so that should fix the idle to 1/2 throttle issues. One plug backed out but i think its because i forgot to tighten it all the way the night before. Got 2 bent rims. Other than that its a good starting point i guess. For $1500 im happy so far. I knew it was gonna cost me some cash to get this thing the way i wanted it. So not a biggie there. Just wish i knew more about the shee :confused:

• 3 months later...