over bore .66

Gage

what engine displacement will boring it to a .66 give me? i recently blew up my banshee and i can buy a .66 over bore with coool heads and cylinders for 450 which is a great deal, and im ordering a new crank, and all new gaskets, i just need to know the reliability compared to stock, i dont have the money to replace the pistons and rings all the time, i need to get at least two good hard seasons out of them do you think going with the .66 over bore is a good decision to make?

what engine displacement will boring it to a .66 give me? i recently blew up my banshee and i can buy a .66 over bore with coool heads and cylinders for 450 which is a great deal, and im ordering a new crank, and all new gaskets, i just need to know the reliability compared to stock, i dont have the money to replace the pistons and rings all the time, i need to get at least two good hard seasons out of them do you think going with the .66 over bore is a good decision to make?

lol...you will get alot more than 2 seasons out of a fresh top end if you take care of your bike

lol...you will get alot more than 2 seasons out of a fresh top end if you take care of your bike

ya i change the oil regularly and i make sure the airfilters are always clean, but when i ride i ride HARD, i always have it to the bar and i rarely get into anything less then 3rd gear so the pistons are always running fast and hot. its just how the trails and pits are around here

what bore are your current cylinders on?

a 66.00 bore puts you at 80 over, not much more room to re-build if you end up popping it again.

if it's a fresh top end and it's set up correctly i'm sure you can get at least 2 years out of it (my last set up ran hard for over 6 years) but it all depends on how you set it up. dont get it right and your liable to use up those last bores pretty quick.

as for the gains of a larger bore, my personal opinion is that you wont gain enough from a 80 overbore to justify losing a stock set of cylinders for it.

i dont know what bore your current cylinders are but if there stock (imo) your better off just boring to the next size and grabbing new pistons and rings instead of buying someone elses used stuff because you wont notice the difference from 64.25-66.00 except that you just payed $450 to lose 7 chances at a re-bore...