Just need to vent!

oh6banshee

Well I was at my dads yesturday and i found out that some kid on a quad got killed and some how his parents sued the county for 2 mil. This leads me to belive that riding area will be closed soon. I would just like to know how the fucking quad had any thing to do with this. Should we start closing road becasue people die in car accidents, should we outlaw motorcyles because they cause deaths, I hate that when it comes to a quad everyone fucking says "be carefull those things are dangerous" Yeah and so is too much mcdonalds. I just hate this singleing out of quads.

Well I was at my dads yesturday and i found out that some kid on a quad got killed and some how his parents sued the county for 2 mil. This leads me to belive that riding area will be closed soon. I would just like to know how the fucking quad had any thing to do with this. Should we start closing road becasue people die in car accidents, should we outlaw motorcyles because they cause deaths, I hate that when it comes to a quad everyone fucking says "be carefull those things are dangerous" Yeah and so is too much mcdonalds. I just hate this singleing out of quads.

its the parents fault for buying the kid the quad then not buying him the safety gear and provide a safe place to ride (if he is shitty rider)

if anything the county should counter sue for something

its the parents fault for buying the kid the quad then not buying him the safety gear and provide a safe place to ride (if he is shitty rider)

if anything the county should counter sue for something

negligent endangerment. now, if they close ridding down, the next kid in the same situation 10 blocks away will have no place to be stupid without endangering others. then, the county will have no liability, but then that kid will take out a stroller on a bike path because he is hard up to ride anyways. the best thing would be to simply post a disclaimer at the ridding spot, and hand out tickets to people not wearing ppe. i know it sucks to have a patroll, but the rangers are pretty cool, if you aren't in restricted areas, or impaired. it's much better for everyone to regulate, than prohibit. look at any city where there is no ridding- it happens anyways, and all sense of responsibility is abandoned, since it's illegal anyways. that's like a parent telling a teenager "ill kill you if i catch you drinking" they're gonna do it anyway, but if you make their first experience at home, or with you, then you can better teach responsibility, over reckless abandon.

Ya i would like too see the article on this one. I hate that stuff so bad. Irrisponsible people can singl handedly close down or ruin something 100s even thousands enjoy with know problems. I do feel for the parents though. Mabey they did take all precautions. I know my kids ride in full riding gear no matter what. My daughters had some good crashes but thanks too her being fully geared up she was fine.

Its a bad deal for sure. But why should us people that do obey the rules and take all the right precautions havve to pay for it. Where do u think that 2 mill is commin from?? your pocket! just my .02 on the issue.