flipped front rims

hey guys. im new to the forum and i was wonderin what you guys thought about flippin you front rims to widen the front or should i start saving for an a-arm conversion and some used a-arms? i just got the quad earlier this year and im probably gonna rebuild her over the winter.

hey guys. im new to the forum and i was wonderin what you guys thought about flippin you front rims to widen the front or should i start saving for an a-arm conversion and some used a-arms? i just got the quad earlier this year and im probably gonna rebuild her over the winter.

i did it to mine. it easy to gain a couple of in if you cant afford new arms

Depends on what type riding you're planning on doing. If you are flat tracking or dragracing, then flipping them would be ok, if planning on trail riding, I wouldn't recommend it. I had that setup, and trail riding got rough when in the tehcnical stuff, down hill turns in dips, ect. It can yank the bars right out of your grips if not ready for it, and sometimes if you are. Save and get yourself a set of arms, I got a set of wicked arms off ebay for $375 a while back, I think their going for about 450-475 now. You can always find a good deal, especially now days. +2 up1

Welcome to the site.

I just flipped mine because they wouldn't fit with my new arms, I haven't ridden with them yet to say how the steering gets effected though. Ive heard its worse and that you don't notice it. I would say get new arms if you can but flip them if you cant. I drilled out new holes on the opposite side and installed valve stems back wards in the original holes, if you don't the stock location stems will rub on the inside where the brakes are.

Depends on what type riding you're planning on doing. If you are flat tracking or dragracing, then flipping them would be ok, if planning on trail riding, I wouldn't recommend it. I had that setup, and trail riding got rough when in the tehcnical stuff, down hill turns in dips, ect. It can yank the bars right out of your grips if not ready for it, and sometimes if you are. Save and get yourself a set of arms, I got a set of wicked arms off ebay for $375 a while back, I think their going for about 450-475 now. You can always find a good deal, especially now days. +2 up1

Welcome to the site.

i mostly ride open pits. not alot of trails at all. i think i might try it. if the valve stems hit ill switch them back. i think a conversion is in it's future

i mostly ride open pits. not alot of trails at all. i think i might try it. if the valve stems hit ill switch them back. i think a conversion is in it's future

Like said above, if you can't afford it right now then go for it, its not all that bad, just certain area's will catch you off guard. The stems will hit guaranteed, I took mine out and welded up old holes and drilled new ones on opposite side.

ok. so how hard do you guys think it would be to build custom arms? i have all the equipment, but not sure if it would be worth it. i think it would be cool just to try it.

You tell us when you're finished, depends on your abilities. Pictures when finished!!!

You can get full flight =2 arms for like 389. I have them and they work great and have lifetime warrenty. Let me know when your ready to rebuild ill get you some nice shiny stuff and great deals on alot of other stuff. As well will other sponsors.