Can i beat him?

Good enough. Sounds like rider ability is going to be the biggest deciding factor. Thanks for the help.

You guys are ALL out of your minds..

You trying to say a piped DS650, has 20hp over a piped banshee with a 2-1 carb and 19cc domes? That is such bullshit. The DS's are lucky to be about 40 at the wheels from the factory. With the full exhaust he's probably around 44-45. The banshee would have MORE horsepower, and LESS weight. The only thing the DS has on that banshee is traction, and that's the downright truth.

My friend, who's a BETTER rider then me, has a 2005 predator. 580 Big bore, cams, high-compression piston, and I believe porting. It's tuned damn near perfect too. I still don't think it feels any faster then my shee with just pipes.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know.. I've ridden them both. Both bone stock. Yeah, the DS is quick, but I wouldn't say that it would be a good race. With equal riders his banshee should definitely take him.

As a matter of fact, I would put money down on a race any day against a piped DS. All I have is pipes and reeds with an open airbox.

I've ridden them. They're fun quads, and ride BEAUTIFUL.. But on the otherhand they weigh as much as a tank and fall on their face by 7k.

You trying to say a piped DS650, has 20hp over a piped banshee with a 2-1 carb and 19cc domes? That is such bullshit. The DS's are lucky to be about 40 at the wheels from the factory. With the full exhaust he's probably around 44-45. The banshee would have MORE horsepower, and LESS weight. The only thing the DS has on that banshee is traction, and that's the downright truth.

My friend, who's a BETTER rider then me, has a 2005 predator. 580 Big bore, cams, high-compression piston, and I believe porting. It's tuned damn near perfect too. I still don't think it feels any faster then my shee with just pipes.

X2 a banshee has better power-to-weight ratio and should be able to take that peice of shit 4 stroke LOL

come on guys, with my graphics kit and billet brake reservior i've got to be pushing at least 75hp :)

But on the otherhand they weigh as much as a tank and fall on their face by 7k.

X2 a banshee has better power-to-weight ratio and should be able to take that peice of shit 4 stroke LOL

Hp always gets the credit when it comes to racing. You guys are forgetting TORQUE. Ds has something are banshee don't and that is torque. What do you guys think moves that heavy ass bike.

Do you even know what "Powerband" is.

yes...im not stupid...i have a 1999 banshee...unlike a 4 stroke which if you put on a dyno the line would be somewhat straight (more low end) where as a 2 stroke has to stay in a certain range of rpms where it has more tork and oumf....its hard to explain but if you look on a dyno you can see the difference

What's the point of a predator...? We're talking about a DS and a banshee... Do you think a 1 into 2 carb makes a better trail motor or drag motor? Trail motor. Period.

Just answer me how many piped DS's you've personally rode, raced against, etc. I promise you with his mods he does not have the HP of a DS with a pipe. You're aware a 450 with just a pipe and air filter has more HP than his banshee, right? Add 200 plus ccs.

Thank you...

yes...im not stupid...i have a 1999 banshee...unlike a 4 stroke which if you put on a dyno the line would be somewhat straight (more low end) where as a 2 stroke has to stay in a certain range of rpms where it has more tork and oumf....its hard to explain but if you look on a dyno you can see the difference

Ok a powerband is simply the range in which a engine makes the most horsepower and torque, in relation to each other. The banshee torque comes on strong that's why it snaps you back, and a four stroke gradually rises, reason why a four stroke don't feel fast compared to a two stroke.

And low end is reffered to the rpms being low. ALL engines have to stay in a certain range of rpms some low and some high and even higher then others.

As much as I hate to say it. The ds650 has better odds.

Edited by sandman81

What's the point of a predator...? We're talking about a DS and a banshee... Do you think a 1 into 2 carb makes a better trail motor or drag motor? Trail motor. Period.

Just answer me how many piped DS's you've personally rode, raced against, etc. I promise you with his mods he does not have the HP of a DS with a pipe. You're aware a 450 with just a pipe and air filter has more HP than his banshee, right? Add 200 plus ccs.

Thank you...

Yeah, the 2-1 carb is better for trails, but will not make or break a race. I've ever ridden TWO DS's. One was completely bone stock down to the tires, and the other had a slip-on. Never raced against one, but you don't need to race one to feel how fast it is.

Explain to me how it will have more horsepower with just a pipe? As I said, a DS650 is lucky to have about 40hp from the factory. If that. Adding an exhaust system on it will not make it a fire breathing beast. There's more to it. With the exhaust I'm going to guess about 44-45 MAX. Now add in the fact it's a 450lb machine. A healthy banshee with just an exhaust system and intake is about the same. 44-45hp give or take. BUT.. the weight difference gives the banshee a much better horsepower/lb ratio. Add in the 19cc compression domes, and Im willing to bet that motor he has is capable of around 49-50hp.

And 450's, don't even start with that. There is a lot more technology in the 450 engines these days. They come from the factory pretty stressed out. Much different then the DS motor, which was designed to be not as stressed and reliable. And even 450's, mod for mod, will only be EVEN with the banshee hp wise. A 450 with pipe and filter is only good for about 44-45hp also. SAME AS THE BANSHEE. Throw in his domes and other bolt ons, and in reality his banshee is faster but cannot hook up as well.

THAT I did race. 2007 YFZ450. Guy is about equal of a rider as me. Full HMF exhaust system, GYTR CDI, Cam mod, K&N with a power lid. The banshee gets him by 2nd gear and is gone.

4-strokes have come a long ways these days, but not enough to out-power the banshee. The only 4-stroke to be able to be slightly faster then the banshee I would have to say is the raptor 700 with the big 3. But even then it's not THAT much faster. Stock for stock (including the pipes) the 4-strokes will take the shee anytime. But open up that shee with pipes and a intake, even compression, and it's a fire breathing animal.

And don't start the torque shit. Have you ever seen banshee dyno charts? What do you think the sweet spot when a banshee kicks is? Torque. Banshee's are actually high torque, just in a different way.

FUCK the 4-strokes. For $300 get a banshee ported and shit over anything ever produced. End of story.

Never raced against one, but you don't need to race one to feel how fast it is................................

................And don't start the torque shit. Have you ever seen banshee dyno charts? What do you think the sweet spot when a banshee kicks is? Torque. Banshee's are actually high torque, just in a different way.

Never raced against one but you know how fast it is. Seat of your pants feeling don't mean shit, racing is what will tell you whats fast.

OH, YES. I'm starteing with the torque shit. So what's a "different way" about the banshee torque?

Yeah, the 2-1 carb is better for trails, but will not make or break a race. I've ever ridden TWO DS's. One was completely bone stock down to the tires, and the other had a slip-on. Never raced against one, but you don't need to race one to feel how fast it is.

Explain to me how it will have more horsepower with just a pipe? As I said, a DS650 is lucky to have about 40hp from the factory. If that. Adding an exhaust system on it will not make it a fire breathing beast. There's more to it. With the exhaust I'm going to guess about 44-45 MAX. Now add in the fact it's a 450lb machine. A healthy banshee with just an exhaust system and intake is about the same. 44-45hp give or take. BUT.. the weight difference gives the banshee a much better horsepower/lb ratio. Add in the 19cc compression domes, and Im willing to bet that motor he has is capable of around 49-50hp.

And 450's, don't even start with that. There is a lot more technology in the 450 engines these days. They come from the factory pretty stressed out. Much different then the DS motor, which was designed to be not as stressed and reliable. And even 450's, mod for mod, will only be EVEN with the banshee hp wise. A 450 with pipe and filter is only good for about 44-45hp also. SAME AS THE BANSHEE. Throw in his domes and other bolt ons, and in reality his banshee is faster but cannot hook up as well.

THAT I did race. 2007 YFZ450. Guy is about equal of a rider as me. Full HMF exhaust system, GYTR CDI, Cam mod, K&N with a power lid. The banshee gets him by 2nd gear and is gone.

4-strokes have come a long ways these days, but not enough to out-power the banshee. The only 4-stroke to be able to be slightly faster then the banshee I would have to say is the raptor 700 with the big 3. But even then it's not THAT much faster. Stock for stock (including the pipes) the 4-strokes will take the shee anytime. But open up that shee with pipes and a intake, even compression, and it's a fire breathing animal.

And don't start the torque shit. Have you ever seen banshee dyno charts? What do you think the sweet spot when a banshee kicks is? Torque. Banshee's are actually high torque, just in a different way.

FUCK the 4-strokes. For $300 get a banshee ported and shit over anything ever produced. End of story.

Everything you posted here is 100% BS...except for the fuck the 4 stroke line at the bottom.

Show me a non-ported banshee with pipes, a 1-2 carb and 19cc domes that will make 49-50HP. IMPOSSIBLE. PERIOD.

You should've stopped right there. A banshee is around 400 lbs wet...you do know that right?

If you have a bolt on bike as well, no porting, your buddy on the YFZ is a squid...regardless of how well you think he can ride.

If you're taking a bolt on banshee and racing bolt on 450s...and you're banshee is beating them that bad....tell your buddies to sell the 450s or learn how to ride. End of story.

I am going to go with the Banshee over the DS. When I first got my shee my buddy bought a DS. Both bone stock except I put a one tooth bigger front sprocket on mine. We are both real good at drag racing and I beat him every time we raced.

I do like the DS though its rides like a cadilac and well its just fun to ride. My brother has a 450R Honda I believe an 04 and he could beat my stock shee in a drag race almost everytime. No matter what I did he could get me off the line about 2 ft and I would stay there right beside him until he toped out then I would pass him and keep going. He as a full custom build exhaust for drag racing, eldabrock carb, cams, hoosiers and mine bone stock. If I would of went with a stock front sprocket or tooth smaller Im pretty sure I wouldnt have a problem with him.

Then again theres this weird thing of how every motor is different, some are just fast out of the box and some are just slow even when you start bolting stuff on. My brother has out ran a ton of fast shees on his 450 with very experienced riders. Maybe my shee was just fast out of the box, or was, its in a million pieces now.