WHAT CDI TO GET?

joee20002

I ran both when I was on gas. When I changed to alky my bike wasn't tuned but the more timing I put on the cdi the better it ran. And that was with 7 on the plate.

I have heard some people say run one or the other, and some people say it doesn't matter. I personally don't have that much time playing with them to tell you from experiance.

Edited by Bansh-eman

If you have the extra 100 bucks for the software and cable, as well as plan on spending 50 to 200 bucks dyno tune time, get the dyna.

For that 500 dollar investment total (Dyna, cable/software and dyno time) you can find more power.

We all run a plate Joe...and most of us run OEM coil ( I Like my nology setup)

I ran both when I was on gas. When I changed to alky my bike wasn't tuned but the more timing I put on the cdi the better it ran. And that was with 7 on the plate.

I have heard some people say run one or the other, and some people say it doesn't matter. I personally don't have that much time playing with them to tell you from experiance.

Wait Greg did you EVER get your bike to run correctly on alky? I would say just get a plate. After watchings Gregs weekend nightmare of DYNA CDI timing plate issues, I would run just the stock CDI with a plate.

If you have the extra 100 bucks for the software and cable, as well as plan on spending 50 to 200 bucks dyno tune time, get the dyna.

For that 500 dollar investment total (Dyna, cable/software and dyno time) you can find more power.

We all run a plate Joe...and most of us run OEM coil ( I Like my nology setup)

im running the nology coil myself.... im thinking about going with the dyna cdi im thinking it would be worth every penny

im running the nology coil myself.... im thinking about going with the dyna cdi im thinking it would be worth every penny

The Dyna is the way to go, but as others have said, you need to put the time in to get everything out of it.

If you don't already have an adjustable timing plate, don't buy one if you are getting a Dyna as you can digitally tune the Dyna to replicate anything a plate could do for you.

Too bad you're late to the party....you could've bought mine two years ago...:)

You will have to mount the Dyna and Nology away from each other, if they're close to each other...they will cause interference.

Now, the second question. Do you run resistor plugs or not?

Dyna says you have to run resistor plugs with their CDI.

Nology says you can't run resistor plugs with their hotwires...what to do? :)